mig23academy172003.jpg

mig23academy172004.jpg

Some to ad,Eduard photoetches,for some details,instrument panels,some antena's

mig23academy172005.jpg

And a Resin ejection seat

mig23academy172006.jpg

cheers

Edited by mig21gato

Hi comrades,Yes mate sig226,somewhere i read the academy's kit look more like the "Flogger E",like the Lybians flogger's,certainly Im missed into the Flogger variants, I can't see the diference into MiG-23ML and MiG-23MF,this complish more cause some countrys use both versions,like Bulgary,recive a batch of MF's and few years later recive another batch of ML's.

I believe some of the wrong details in the kit is the nose cone,Zvezda is the one,with a correct nose cone...

So i just have another flogger,an airfix MiG-23,I gota take many pieces,like the R-23 suports,and small auxiliar air intakes.

Well,there some advances;

First there some details to erase,like the "HUD",and the auxiliar air intakes,

mikoyangurevich007.jpg

I see many pic of the KM-1M ejection seats,and their are so diferents,one in all black,other totally gray with some details in green,another gray,green and black...So this don't like me because for me look "So western".

mikoyangurevich008.jpg

mikoyangurevich009.jpg

And these,the Eduard instruments panel

mikoyangurevich011.jpg

For the inner cockpit i use the model master russian interior blue/green.

And well start to look like a Flogger,but is many work to do...

mikoyangurevich012.jpg

And well if you know where to download 1/72 scale draws for MiG-23ML/MF/ and MiG-23UB

please tell me.I just have the cutaway of the pics.Thanks

Cheers

Edited by mig21gato

easiest way to differentiate between MF and ML when standing on the ground is that MF sits at angle,the back of the fuselage closer to the ground that the front - ML sits parallel to the ground

MiG-23ML drawings

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/mig23.html

MiG-23MF drawings

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/mig23mf.html

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/mig23mf4+.html

Hi Gentlemans,thanks Sebastijan,this planes are wonderfull,and Yes JackMan, I gotta post this picture soon,is a MiG-27 of Sri Lanka,published in "Combat aircraft"some years ago.

Well with this beauty scale planes in my hands i start to check the details,first i need to reduce the planes in a 12%,

mig23ml005.jpg

so i see another thiference into MF and ML,the tail,Is shorter in the ML

mig23ml001t.jpg

There I need to cut the spine

mig23ml004.jpg

first i need to reduce the planes in a 12%,

:jaw-dropping: So the plans are in 1/48th scale then, ain't they...? Will somebody P*L*E*A*S*E! answer that question to me?

so i see another thiference into MF and ML,the tail,Is shorter in the ML

Yes? yes? yes? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss...??? Mate, are ya from any Spanish-spoken country or is it just the "Aviones de Guerra" part on the MiG-23 whut ya've got there?

Cheers,

Unc²

Hi Gentlemans,Thanks Dragan_mig31. Hi Uncle Uncool, Yes I'm mexican,I speak spanish jejeje,and yes is "Aviones de guerra" edited in Mexico by RBA,10 years ago.I love this publication,but mine is incomplete.Wish this be reedited.

And well, the scale drawings are not in 1/72 or 1/48,may be a intermediate scale,comparing with the academy pieces,if the scale draw is 100%,the academy kit is 88%

mig23ml005.jpg

well,more advances soon.

Cheers

Hi Uncle Uncool, Yes I'm mexican,I speak spanish jejeje,and yes is "Aviones de guerra" edited in Mexico by RBA,10 years ago.I love this publication,but mine is incomplete.Wish this be reedited.

Hi there, gato, mate! :cheers: Back in 2005, me used to date a Mexican sheila from the DF; she left my heart full of agujeritos, by the way.

Me's from Buenos Aires (which means trouble is comin' our way the next Sunday, huh? ;) ). Whut d'ya mean yer Aviones de Guerra is incomplete? Meanin' the part lacks info about some versions of the MiG-23s or that it's got some pages missin'?

There's another bloke from Mexico on this forum, Carlitos Ruiz (aka cruiz), who's doin' a kick arse model out of the Airfix 1/48th scale Super Etendard. He drove me mad with his extraordinary skills. Unfortunately, he seems not to have much time left for updates on his awesome build. Do ya know Carlitos?

And well, the scale drawings are not in 1/72 or 1/48,may be a intermediate scale,comparing with the academy pieces,if the scale draw is 100%,the academy kit is 88%

Hmph... too bad, but I'll try to get the files to an artistic design shop 'n' figure out the printin' size to match the quarter scale. Those plans are real good, which come very handy to aid in the correction of the awful ESCI 1/48th scale MiG-23... :doh:

Incidentally; is Sabrina Sabrok still mad at Jorge Lafauci? :rolleyes: That Lafauci bloke had no right to talk 'bout ugliness, precisely, did he?

Un abrazo fuerte, pibito!

Unc²

Hi Uncle,How are you?,well, I have a mistake,is not "aviones de guerra" is "AVIACION"

And my collection is incomplete,sadly i miss some numbers

1002961e.jpg

And Sabrina,so many time i don't hear nothing about she,last notice she was "girlfriend"of a mexican "Luchador"

And yes those planes are excellent.

Bueno compañero,le mando un abrazo.

And for JackMan;

1002968.jpg

the pik was published in these combat aircraft number;

1002969.jpg

And well,the last news;

The tail is ready,and in posicion;now ready for the putty...

1002966i.jpg

Like the vertical estabilizators,here with the repaneled work done

1002967t.jpg

I was in that when i see an interesant detail,the landing lights,they are retractable....

1002964l.jpg

1002965d.jpg

I must to fill the hole for the landing light,usin a spare

1002962l.jpg

1002963m.jpg

Well,gentlemans,see you soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gentlemans,well,i was some disconnected,so here i go;

There is the Eduard photoetche HUD,ready to paint

flogger001.jpg

Well,some details I dont like,these gotta be sanded,like two "bulges"in the bottom fuselage.

33744080.jpg

edity.jpg

edith.jpg

Same pik for clarity without captions.

flogger007.jpg

The airfix afterburner auxiliary air intakes installed

23639590.jpg

cockpit windshield installed.

flogger006.jpg

Well i was now decided,these gotta be in D.D.R. colours

mig23ml329.jpg

Thank's Everrybody.See you soon.

Thanks Dragan_mig31,well,this some little advances;

nose cone and blue undersurfaces first hand;

r60aphid001.jpg

r60aphid002.jpg

And the frontal frames of cockpit,there i was considering use some missils to represent the practice ones,was considering use the Condor,just cutting this wings

r60aphid009.jpg

And the practice R-23,looks more like a R-27...

ddr66bx9.jpg

Now i was considerin use the R-60 form italeris MiG-29,and R-27 from Condor...For represent the practice version of R-23 and R-27. Academy's R-60 and R-27 are unuseful,the R-60 dont looks like a R-60,and the R-23 is too fat.

00r60aphid010.jpg

cheers

Edited by mig21gato

Hi,

I really like your work...your mig is comming out great.

Also, thanks for posting the great pictures...I've copied them into my reference pics for future reference...hope you don't mind.

thanks and good luck.

Ernie A.

I don't think that those mig-23 ML used r-27 ever.please check your references.

I could be wrong but I think he's on about using the body of the R-27's with the fins removed as practice/aquisition rounds, instead of the supplied R-23's which he thinks are too fat in the body.

Regards Simon