International Air Power Review

Haven't seen a new issue of IAPR in quite a while. I still have one issue left on my subscription. Has anyone seen a new issue lately?

Regards,

John

I think I got my last issue in Nov/Dec. It was volume 26. I don't/can't remember if I renewed my subsciption last June. It could be good if I didn't. It doesn't seem that the 'quarterly' is that anymore. I'd like to know if anyone has seen volume 27 too.

Edited by fasteagle12

I called the publisher several weeks back, and his statement is that his wife has been seriously ill and that he's brought in additional help to continue the journal. He plans on having Volume 27 out shortly, and hopefully Volume 28 out in August.

I called the publisher several weeks back, and his statement is that his wife has been seriously ill and that he's brought in additional help to continue the journal. He plans on having Volume 27 out shortly, and hopefully Volume 28 out in August.

Yea, Mel's wife has cancer. Poor guy has been through hell. I can confirm of the extra help in the editorial department so we'll hopefully see everything getting back on track, but its not an overnight fix.

Yea, Mel's wife has cancer. Poor guy has been through hell. I can confirm of the extra help in the editorial department so we'll hopefully see everything getting back on track, but its not an overnight fix.

Thanks for the info. The publication is great. I have all of them plus the all of the earlier 'World Air Power' journal issues and a few of the 'Wings of Fame' issues. I'm looking forward to seeing future issues. I hope everything works out well with his wife.

I figured as much regarding his wife's condition, though he didn't elaborate and I wasn't going to press. You could really hear it in his voice. He was apologizing for the delay and I'm just thinking "Sir, your wife is THE priority, I'd be happy never to see those issues if it gives you more time with your wife." My heart and prayers go out to them.

Glad you put this thread out there, glad we heard the real story and my prayers are with his wife. Maybe those of us that are subscribers can send cards or notes of support. Is there an address that anyone knows of - just the IAPR office?

I really enjoy the pub too, was hoping it was not falling by the wayside due to the economy.

Mark

I think I am up to number 19. I have been holding off as the website shows number 22 as the most recent and its seemed to be very unorganized. Keeping in mind that many of us who buy the publications will not know of the hardships he and his wife are facing.

I was buying mine from https://airti2.sslcert19.com/home.php which is I think the main site. Is there an alternative? Especially if 26 is out and the site is shows only 22.

I think I am up to number 19. I have been holding off as the website shows number 22 as the most recent and its seemed to be very unorganized. Keeping in mind that many of us who buy the publications will not know of the hardships he and his wife are facing.

I was buying mine from https://airti2.sslcert19.com/home.php which is I think the main site. Is there an alternative? Especially if 26 is out and the site is shows only 22.

That's the website I always went to. It hasn't been completely up to date in at least a couple of years.

I figured as much regarding his wife's condition, though he didn't elaborate and I wasn't going to press. You could really hear it in his voice. He was apologizing for the delay and I'm just thinking "Sir, your wife is THE priority, I'd be happy never to see those issues if it gives you more time with your wife." My heart and prayers go out to them.

Well said. I'll wait patiently for my copy. Hope all goes well with his wife.

Regards,

John

I've got a full set of WAPJ, WoF, and IAPR, so I can rest easy knowing I can retire at any time. And if I run short from selling those, I've got a full set of Monogram USN/USMC Colors & Markings books. I could pay off the house with those. :salute:

J

• 2 weeks later...

Which can't be helping sales. I had been holding off ordering as the site was so out of date and all emails had gone unanswered. Which is usually not a good sign when handing over your credit card number online.

That's the website I always went to. It hasn't been completely up to date in at least a couple of years.
  • 4 months later...
It's been a few more months, just wondering if anyone has an update on the status of this magazine? Hope the publisher's personal issues have gotten better.

I hope his situation is better too. It is a great publication (I have a full set of both WAP and IAPR). I've been holding off on renewing my subsciption, waiting to see if anyone has received new additions. I do hope more are coming.

Feel free to give them a call. I had a nice chat with them a few years ago when I called to inquire about the magazine's status.

I need to get in touch with Airtime as I had a call from my bank to say a direct debit transaction from them had failed.

I'm in the UK but the tollfree number - 001 800 7573 7573 I got from the inside cover of the last edition I had doesn't work.

Does anyone have a number I can call or a valid E-mail address?

Kind Regards

Tony

• 2 months later...
Website is woefully out of date. Company hasn't mailed me so much as a renewal notice in the last two years. Doubt that I even see this issue, as I'm not inclined to throw anymore money their way.

Rick L.

From what I gathered on this thread, the owner was going through some hard times, hopefully he is back on track. I think this is the best aviation periodical out there. Good mix of current and historical topics.

Your loss...

Received Vol. 27 yesterday. I renewed my subscription today, as well, though I have one more issue left on the current subscription. The impression I got from Mel is that the situation with his wife is (guardedly) improving. He also seemed encouraged by his current staff, and intends to have the next issue out in April. Hope they're on the mend on all fronts.