Hey, thanks guys!

Darren, Can not WAIT to see the photos from you!

Unit, the text says "The Boys From Syracuse"...back before they had to change the name due to various "sex" issues, lol!

At my local IPMS model show today, there was a fellow from the USS Lexington who was looking for models for their new exhibit...I no longer have this Tweet :) But I'm happy it will be in a good home.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, very convincing.

I've just picked up this kit and want to attempt to build the same bird. If anyone has a line on a set of decals, or the resin cockpit or photo-etched details, I'd love to hear from you.

Here's a 'reference shot'. That's me in a "Boys from Syracuse" Dragonfly at Hancock back during the 70's.

Mike

22.jpg

Great job, very convincing.

I've just picked up this kit and want to attempt to build the same bird. If anyone has a line on a set of decals, or the resin cockpit or photo-etched details, I'd love to hear from you.

Here's a 'reference shot'. That's me in a "Boys from Syracuse" Dragonfly at Hancock back during the 70's.

Mike

22.jpg

Thats terriffic! Any more pix?

Thats terriffic! Any more pix?

Most are still up in Syracuse with my Dad, let me look around and see what I can find...

My first airshow was back in 1970 (I believe) where we've got shots of me at two standing under the wings of the "Boys" F-86H's - the very last operational Sabres in US service, but by far my most remembered aircraft of the 174th was the A-37B's. They'd put a four-ship (or two) in the air for Memorial Day and Veterans Day and fly multiple passes over almost every parade and Veteran's cemetery in Central NY. And whenever we needed a little JP-4 fix, Dad and I would head over to the airport where the Dragonfly's would taxi probably not more than 30 feet from the public parking area at the local FBO with only a three-foot fence in between...

Mike

Most are still up in Syracuse with my Dad, let me look around and see what I can find...

My first airshow was back in 1970 (I believe) where we've got shots of me at two standing under the wings of the "Boys" F-86H's - the very last operational Sabres in US service, but by far my most remembered aircraft of the 174th was the A-37B's. They'd put a four-ship (or two) in the air for Memorial Day and Veterans Day and fly multiple passes over almost every parade and Veteran's cemetery in Central NY. And whenever we needed a little JP-4 fix, Dad and I would head over to the airport where the Dragonfly's would taxi probably not more than 30 feet from the public parking area at the local FBO with only a three-foot fence in between...

Mike

Those were the days, weren't they? Where in Syracuse did you live? I was in the Westvale area and graduated from Westhill in 1988. I miss Wegmans, wings, and good pizza!

Those were the days, weren't they? Where in Syracuse did you live? I was in the Westvale area and graduated from Westhill in 1988. I miss Wegmans, wings, and good pizza!

They really we're the days, weren't they? Dragonflys in Syracuse, Six's and T-33's over at Griffiss, Voodoo's in Niagara Falls, and EB-57's up in Burlington. I'm happy to say that I grew up around all of them...

Oh, don't get me started on the Wegmans, wings and pizza! Liverpool here, 1986. Then joined the AF and an F-16 crew chief, spent a couple of at MacDill in Tampa (how cool was that assignment) and a couple more at Torrejon in Madrid (even better than MacDill!) plus a trip to Qatar for Desert Shield / Storm. Now just outside of Raleigh, NC, although Central New York will always be home...

Mike

They really we're the days, weren't they? Dragonflys in Syracuse, Six's and T-33's over at Griffiss, Voodoo's in Niagara Falls, and EB-57's up in Burlington. I'm happy to say that I grew up around all of them...

Oh, don't get me started on the Wegmans, wings and pizza! Liverpool here, 1986. Then joined the AF and an F-16 crew chief, spent a couple of at MacDill in Tampa (how cool was that assignment) and a couple more at Torrejon in Madrid (even better than MacDill!) plus a trip to Qatar for Desert Shield / Storm. Now just outside of Raleigh, NC, although Central New York will always be home...

Mike

I'm outside KC on the Kansas side. I've found one pizza place that comes ever so close. At least I have good BBQ! Raleigh is a pretty nice place to be. At least you don't have to deal with 3 feet of snow every winter! You're right, though. Syracuse will always be home.