1/32 MiG-29 Decal Survey

1/32 MiG-29 Decal poll!  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in this decal sheet?

• I'd definitely buy one.
    • I'd definitely buy more than one!
    • I might buy one.
    • No, because... (add comment below)
    • No, just not interested...

Poll is closed!

Zotz decided against doing the decal sheet.

Begemot however did do a nice sheet that includes several Fulcrum C schemes! http://begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=75

I'm conducting this poll to gauge interest in a new 1/32 MiG-29 decal sheet.

Eli at Zotz decals has expressed interest in producing the sheet, I just need to convince him that it will sell well and I need your help!

Us small aftermarket guys take a chance with every new product hoping they will sell.

The decal guys take a much bigger chance because they have to order and purchase a minimum quantity from the printer.

If they don't sell, he'll lose money and be stuck with a bunch of decals.

So I urge you to participate in the poll and support us aftermarket guys by buying some! :pray:

Here is what is proposed:

Decals.jpg

(Images from Wings Palette)

MiG-29(9-12) Fulcrum A:

Bangladesh

Burma

Cuba (another profile: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/f/39/50/0/4_b1 )

Iran (another profile: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/f/39/33/0/2_b1 )

MiG-29(9-13) Fulcrum C:

Algeria (another profile: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/f/39/64/0/2_b3 )

Azerbaijan

Moldova

Peru (another profile: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww4/f/39/42/0/1_b1 )

Russia

Russia

Sudan

Turkmenistan

Uzbekistan

There are some really cool schemes there!

I hope you are interested!

All of these markings will be included in one package.

The Fulcrum A decals can be used with the stock Revell MiG-29 kit or with my correction set.

The Fulcrum C decals can be used with my Fulcrum C conversion kit which can be used by itself or in combination with my correction set.

www.Zactomodels.com

:)

Edited by Zactoman

Chris,

I voted no because..... I don't build MiG's in 32nd scale. Thats the only reason... not that you didn't choose some killer schemes! Just the opposite, just not my scale for MiGs. I'd be all over this sheet in 72nd scale though ;0) Fred K.

Doesn't Malaysia also fly the MiG-29? I think they have a scabbed on external refueling probe. I'd go for those markings.
Scale Nutz already has markings for the Malaysian MiGs.

Wow Chris, that's an amazing selection of proposed markings.

Unfortunately, I voted no on this occasion. I'm only likely to build one Fulcrum for my display case and have specific ideas on how she'll look

It's simply a matter of personal preference since I prefer to build more the inconspicuous line bird kind of scheme rather than high vis specials or the more exotic cammo schemes.

I do however wish you luck with this bold endeavour and hope I'm in the minority.

:)

Edit.

I've been giving this some thought and wondered if Hungarian markings were missing because they are available elsewhere?

Edited by geedubelyer

i have one in the stash, including your sets (except the misseles/pylons, because i have not decided on the loadout) with the lindenhill iraqi decals for it.

but the burmese one definitely tickles my fancy, so i voted "might"

Very nice options Chris,but I had to vote NO as I already got decals for my 1/32 9-12,it is going to be a Yugoslav AF 18113.

Cheers,Miro.

Edited by Bob Rock

Hey Chris, Great job on doing the research. I vote yes and if Revell would come out with the 1/32 scale kit or if someone else would make a 1/32 scale MIG-29 I would do more than one. I love the colorful schemes. Didn't Ukraine get some of the MIG-29's A and C's when the became independent from Russia? I would love to see decals for them to. Dan

Nice research, Chris but the options are...way too exotic, at least for me. :thumbsup:

I would vote for some "traditional" Soviet period schemes but can't find any among the offering. :worship:

Cheers!

Alexander.

:coolio:

I have a couple of these Mig's in my stash and would by at least 2 sets and I would like to have also one Mig-29 UB included.

If you put a set of these decals below on your sheet you would sell more because people could use it for their Trumpeter Mig.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...0/1/1631101.jpg

Make it a Multi Mig-29 sheet, A,C,K and M versions.

Cheers,

Hornet

I probably won't ever build a 1/32 MiG-29 (and therefore won't distort your poll by voting), but I'll add my two cents: I'd buy those in a heartbeat (were they in 1/72), but then again, I really like those "out-there" schemes and air forces. I don't know about other guys, but I reckon the run-of-the-mill schemes sell for a reason. Maybe this selection, colourful and vibrant as it is, is a bit too far "out there" for most tastes. :lol:

since i'm 1/48 only... :( (at least for some 40 nexts models to come... so i'm not there yet...)

i hope you'll get the people you need to lead your project to goal.

maybe ARC forum isn't just the best place to reach exotic fulcrum fans... don't know...

(i've seen a thread where f-14 was vote winner of alltime favorite... :wave: juste before f-15 :huh: , f-16 :cheers: ...and f-4... then came the others (that was not scientific, but that gives a clue))

sadly couldnt help much, i didnt know any exotic languages, so can't search for burmese scale aircraft forum... :rofl:

more seriously, if any "concerned foreign" members of this forum could find-out if there's any interest out there (there might be other language forums...)

Chris there are some great schemes there! As one of the posters above mentioned, I won't vote because I don't do enough 1/32 (although I do have ONE Revell kit in the stash). Now, in 1/48th, I'd be more likely to buy. Maybe in 1/32 scale, drop it down to multiple sheets, with one or two sets of markings MAY sell better. I don't think many of us are likely to build multiple 1/32 MiG-29s, so a huge set like you're discussing won't be of a great deal of use. Your subject seleection is awesome though, and I wish you all the best with this.