Anigrand is planning on releasing a 1/72 scale C-5A!!!! 41 inches long..... I wait to see how this turns out. I hope they do a C-5M kit with the CF6 engines. If I am going to build a C-5 I want the updated airframe.....

From the C-5A to C-5M what are the visual differences. External only.

Heres what I know:

-New CF6 engines

-Updated engine pylons

other than that are there any more?

Let's hope (against all hope) that he doesn't massively screw it up like he seems to do with about 90% of everything else he does. Waaaay too big for me though.

J

I'm willing to bet Amodel will get around to doing one in the "Amonster" series.

Considering Anigrand's reputation, I'll take my chances and wait. As already

pointed out, it's gonna be one huge mutha so I'm in no hurry to add one to the

collection.

Yep...I crewed the 1 to 1 scale C-5A/B way back before there was a "B" model and they were white topped with a gray bottom with a blue cheat line and belonged to Military Airlift Command. I will miss the familiar whine of those big TF-39 engines. A 72nd scale C-5 would look good on the boom of a 72nd scale KC-135A "steam jet" Stratotanker though! :)

Anigrand is planning on releasing a 1/72 scale C-5A!!!! 41 inches long..... I wait to see how this turns out. I hope they do a C-5M kit with the CF6 engines. If I am going to build a C-5 I want the updated airframe.....

From the C-5A to C-5M what are the visual differences. External only.

Heres what I know:

-New CF6 engines

-Updated engine pylons

other than that are there any more?

I would want a C-5M as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More importantly, are you ready to tackle that blue cheat line that aircommando mentioned above? You'll have to apply either one loooooooong decal (or slice it up), or you'll be looking at masking it. Yikes!

• 4 months later...
I'm willing to bet Amodel will get around to doing one in the "Amonster" series.

Considering Anigrand's reputation, I'll take my chances and wait. As already

pointed out, it's gonna be one huge mutha so I'm in no hurry to add one to the

collection.

Yes, Amodel will make one. So i would recommend to wait.

As the proud owner of an Anigrand C-17, I wonder what the pricing on Anigrand's C-5B correction kit will be... :P

I think I'll wait for Amodel, if they do one. Fibreglass construction for the major pieces (fuselage, wings) sounds more durable to me anyhow.

Yep $416 MSRP :rofl: according to the newsletter >>> Linky <<<

Pssssccchhh!!....you gotta be kiddin me. The Otaki 144th is bad enough. (size). No way I'm doing a 72nd...especially for over $400.00. LOL...!!

Revell....Testors...you listening!?? If there's a market for a $400.00 beast..there's GOTTA be a market for a $40.00 144th injection kit. Forget where the old molds are!!! Geez. Just make a new tool like you did the C-17 for crying out loud. This is not the US Congress you know....it can't be that hard! Especially after all of the -volumes- that have been written about a new C-5 model on this site alone. No telling how many other modeling sites have wailllllled for a new C-5.

There...I feel better! lol...

Paul

Edited by pminer

I would never do a resin kit that large! Talk about wing sag and you would have to put it on a steel shelf! I second the request for a new 144 mold! I would build one for sure! I know many people who would love one! Ex and current maintainers and aircrew, etc.

Curt

I see (& hear) C-5s on a daily basis. Plenty of A/Bs come through, & at my last count, the same M model (90-024) has come through three times. At night, the only way I could tell the difference is the sound of the engines (huge difference), but from daylight observation, the engines are the only external difference I could tell. 024 has a pretty beat up painted area on the visor.

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

Sound-wise, an M model makes less noise than a C-17 (my hanger is right next to the rumway, which is good for spotting, but bad when those loud *** Tornadoes, & Il-76s take off or use reverse thrust). I would say it sounds a lot like a 777, especially when spooling up.

Modeling wise, I’m crazy enough to buy one. I’ve got the room & modeling budget for it. If its available when I’m back in the states for vacation, I’ll probably pick one up as a Christmas gift to myself.

I see (& hear) C-5s on a daily basis. Plenty of A/Bs come through, & at my last count, the same M model (90-024) has come through three times. At night, the only way I could tell the difference is the sound of the engines (huge difference), but from daylight observation, the engines are the only external difference I could tell. 024 has a pretty beat up painted area on the visor.

Sound-wise, an M model makes less noise than a C-17 (my hanger is right next to the rumway, which is good for spotting, but bad when those loud *** Tornadoes, & Il-76s take off or use reverse thrust). I would say it sounds a lot like a 777, especially when spooling up.

Modeling wise, I’m crazy enough to buy one. I’ve got the room & modeling budget for it. If its available when I’m back in the states for vacation, I’ll probably pick one up as a Christmas gift to myself.

Wow!...where are you?

Paul