This is my next project in the meantime to take a break from the strike eagle...

ghonna be OOB including decals since the decals are catograf...looks like a polish mig...

together with the Aires Cockpit!

IMG_6081.jpg

Edited by infideon
hi!

i didn't know that box!

have fun ;)

It just came out.

Looking forward to the build infideon. By the way, the plane was MF version, although the spine actually included is for Bis. :) And i have a few questions:

1 - How are the decals in your opinion?

2 - What was the price for the kit?

It just came out.

Looking forward to the build infideon. By the way, the plane was MF version, although the spine actually included is for Bis. ;) And i have a few questions:

1 - How are the decals in your opinion?

2 - What was the price for the kit?

Hi the kit was cheao...abt 18 USD.

The decals are great...catograf!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for all the wonderful info...been a while since i have posted...been busy sourcing for all the correction bits for the MF but i think i will end up using the two which i purchased from luckymodel...

the correct vertical tail spine and ventral fin....should arrive in 3-4 days! cant wait...

In the meantime i am going to paint the Aires Pit, instructions state blue grey but references show the famous turquoise greenish color which i am going to custom mix! Below is a picture of the REAL PLANE i will be doing and you can roughly see the cockpit color! hope i get it right! Now back to test fitting the cockpit and then painting it...till then

hi-PI00000088793.jpg

hi-PI000000115717.jpg

MiG-21_RB15.jpg

Edited by infideon

Finally after much effort in mixing and matching with GUNZE COLORS and physically eyeballing....i got the green blue interior color!!! success to me at least......looks very much like my reference photos...

More detail painting of the cockpit to follow!

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

Edited by infideon
Hi guys, thanks for all the wonderful info...been a while since i have posted...been busy sourcing for all the correction bits for the MF but i think i will end up using the two which i purchased from luckymodel...

the correct vertical tail spine and ventral fin....should arrive in 3-4 days! cant wait...

Hi, infideon

I am not trying to be PIA but the "correct vertical fin" by Quickboost is not entirely correct.

The Quickboost kit looks like this in comparison to the drawings. As you can see, it is a bit short (but the spine is OK)

IMG_5749.JPG

This is kit's fin. As you can see it is of correct hight (but the spine is too long)

IMG_5750.JPG

In order to correct the "correction" kit I had to make a cut on the Quickboost fin and on the kit's fin and join them together like this

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5752.JPG

Then the only thing that remained was to correct the angle of the tip of the fin with a small cut and insert.

IMG_5753.JPG

Now - some filling, sanding and rescribing.

I hope this will help you to build a more accurate model

Cheers

Sergey

Back on the bench with another build...good luck with it and Im sure you will turn out another stunner. I myself don't trust scale drawings, if you had three drawings in front of you, they would all differ. With this being a vintagae Soviet jet even the real blue prints or draeings would be questionable compared to the real jet. What I'm getting at is this... it will still be a MiG21 MF in the end with or without the correction to the correction. You, as always turn out great work either way...have fun with the build, I enjoy your work!!! :woot.gif:

Back on the bench with another build...good luck with it and Im sure you will turn out another stunner. I myself don't trust scale drawings, if you had three drawings in front of you, they would all differ. With this being a vintagae Soviet jet even the real blue prints or draeings would be questionable compared to the real jet. What I'm getting at is this... it will still be a MiG21 MF in the end with or without the correction to the correction. You, as always turn out great work either way...have fun with the build, I enjoy your work!!! :beer4:

Hi LZ82, thx for the compliements! i realli like your work too! your F-15 is a stunner!

A MiG?!

Kewl!! :beer4:

You really nailed that interior colour...I´ve tried to mix it myself on occasion but I never got it right, feels like my eyes slips from green to blue and can´t decide which is which :woot.gif: (so I bought the paint from xtracolor instead)

If you want line drawings this is the place!

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw_fn.html#2

^^^^ Hey ya, Jay-Jay! :wave: How's it goin,' mate?

infideon, bloke! Nice build so far. Glad to see ya're goin' to town with the already good Academy kit; so many aftermarkets, chap! :)

Now, regardin' this photo here:

IMG_5751.jpg

It's Quickboost's bit to the south 'n' Academy's to the north, aye? Sort of a HUGE disappointment it'd been to me to find out that the supposed "corrected tail section" weren't so. :rolleyes: Very well sorted out, tho. In my case, me thinks I'd have gone knockin' on Mr Quickboost's door to have a word with him; there's this bloke somewhere on this forum who found out Quickboost's resin radial engines were a bit smaller than the real deal - in their respective scales - that is. ;)

Yer Fishbed is goin' great! Keep it up, mate! Ya hear...?

Cheers,

Unc²

Edith Piaf: It ain't Kasatka but infideon the one who's buildin' :rolleyes:

Edited by Uncle Uncool

Painted cockpit ....be gentle pls! my first russian Jet! NOW moving on to sand and minor putty for the front fueslage! till then

View of the office

[IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

PHEW the windshield managed to fit !

IMG_6459.jpg

Edited by infideon

the cockpit is looking great.but i will suggest you do a subtle drybrushing and a ligth wash.it will look 10 times better.if i could suggest another thing.please paint the insides of the canopy and windshield frames from the inside and not from the outside like many modellers do.it will look 100 times better and more realistic.

Thanks Dragan_Mig 31 and Aigore,

I have given the cockpit a light wash already...maybe not strong enuff but real cockpit photos shows it to be not overdone...

i will do some lightdry brushing later to try and pop out more details.

thx

• 1 month later...

After a long disappearance, i am back working on the Mig -21 MF

Finally joint the Quickboost spine and tail on the academy kit... no easy job! lots of sanding and rescribing required...

but well here is how it looks after a first coat of priming... some more sanding required on the joints to make them smooth .....as i said the resin parts needs some work to get it to fit as the initial fit leaves quite a bit of gap here and there

Next up is to add all the little fiddly photoetch check for anymore smoothing needed and on to pre shade and paint! yay!

4893631509_8ed656949f_b.jpg

4894225602_5b660d55c4_b.jpg

4894221830_d62c81cfb0_b.jpg

Edited by infideon

You did very nice work with the cockpit color. I once tried to mix as well, but i wasn't near, at all.

And the finished cockpit looks very nice as well. ;) Look forward to see decals on her.