Well don't know if its official, but I think I'll be building CF 104900. with a Vicon pod circa 1973 ish.

And CF 104XXX in the little known anti submarine Canadian Starfighter with pontoons!!!!!!!

Both 1/48 Hasegawa

Well, I'll jump in with a south of the northern border entry. I have a Has 1/48 TF-104G to build. Kit decals all look okay but I'd like to find a unique and colorful scheme to use maybe. Just as long as I can find one with no NMF.

Now, if we could just get a builder from Mexico and South America it would be the Missile With A Man In It GB of the Americas. :shoot:

Well, I'll jump in with a south of the northern border entry. I have a Has 1/48 TF-104G to build. Kit decals all look okay but I'd like to find a unique and colorful scheme to use maybe. Just as long as I can find one with no NMF.

Now, if we could just get a builder from Mexico and South America it would be the Missile With A Man In It GB of the Americas. :thumbsup:

Have you thought about trying the Starfighters demo team scheme? They have a two-seater, and I have some decals from that boxing that I'm not using... they're for a single-seater, but you might be able to make the dual version from it.

This way, your build could still be considered a "CF" 104, and we could continue our super-secret Canadian campaign to take over the world, one model at a time...

:thumbsup:

Barring that, the NASA scheme looks cool as well. Those NMF ones are definitely daunting to get right. Another option for you would be the Luftwaffe 104Gs from Luke AFB; they had USAF markings but were operated for Luftwaffe training. Only problem is they are natural metal - but they were super shiny and cool looking.

Welcome to the GB!

ALF

Have you thought about trying the Starfighters demo team scheme? They have a two-seater, and I have some decals from that boxing that I'm not using... they're for a single-seater, but you might be able to make the dual version from it.

This way, your build could still be considered a "CF" 104, and we could continue our super-secret Canadian campaign to take over the world, one model at a time...

:thumbsup:

Barring that, the NASA scheme looks cool as well. Those NMF ones are definitely daunting to get right. Another option for you would be the Luftwaffe 104Gs from Luke AFB; they had USAF markings but were operated for Luftwaffe training. Only problem is they are natural metal - but they were super shiny and cool looking.

Welcome to the GB!

ALF

Hey ALF, thanks. I'd be glad to partake in some Starfighters markings, very nice looking planes. I don't think anything would realy be different except the tail number. Minus stenciling I may need, I'd be glad to swap you all of the markings I don't need from this kit plus the instruction page if you would like. This is the only F-104 I have in the stash anyway. I don't mind doing a Canadian bird, there are some great schemes out there. Got plans to do the T-33 that looks like a shark later on. Oh, and if you do take over the world, you have to keep Obama, not doing us much good anyway. :D

Chris

Hey ALF, thanks. I'd be glad to partake in some Starfighters markings, very nice looking planes. I don't think anything would realy be different except the tail number. Minus stenciling I may need, I'd be glad to swap you all of the markings I don't need from this kit plus the instruction page if you would like. This is the only F-104 I have in the stash anyway. I don't mind doing a Canadian bird, there are some great schemes out there. Got plans to do the T-33 that looks like a shark later on. Oh, and if you do take over the world, you have to keep Obama, not doing us much good anyway. :thumbsup:

Chris

Sounds like a deal! Shoot me a PM and we'll swap addresses.

And when it comes to politicians, I don't want any of them - I much prefer the company of non-political female beach volleyball players, if you have any extras...

ALF