Thanks again for this great Topic ALF !

Your model makes me wonder to do it in my scale...

I think you have time to make another Starfighter !? ! the T33 can wait :whistle:

Fabien

If you want to do a Tiger bird in 1:72, you can get decals here:

http://belcherbits.com/ (except that he is on vacation until mid to late September, so he leaves an address for the Hobby Centre store in Ottawa where you may be able to order the CF-104 decals to do any tiger scheme).

I wish you hadn't suggested I do another 104 - I have in fact been thinking about doing the other Starfighter I have to do (a natural metal dual from Cold Lake).

J'y pense...

Thanks for the comments!

ALF

ALF./Dan

what a maginificent tribute to your Father,and the Tiger looks AWESOME.. :wub:

All your hard work has paid off and I am glad that you persevered and finished it.

The striking colorful paintwork is FLAWLESS and LOVED following your thread.

it is BEAUTIFUL ,STUNNING TIGER BIRD and I am sure your Father would have been so proud to see it displayed for all to see and

admire as I admire it ... :whistle:

ALF ...erm are you not supposed hit a white ball with that Driver...For a minute I thought you thought it was a Plumb line ...cheking if it was dead straight !! :coolio::tease:

HOLMES

HOLMES

Thanks for the comments! My father built models, and he loved to look at my finished products when I was younger. Given how poorly many of them were done back then, he would be seriously impressed today at the improvement. And I had fun doing it.

I'm just glad my modeling and flying skills greatly surpass my golfing ability - there are some things the ALF is just not supposed to do!

ALF

Nicely done mister! And as Tilt observed, the personal touches and anecdotes you include in your threads really bring the thread to life. Keep it up.

As for the cleaning of the desk, you tell Mrs. ALF that it's your work area and it'll be in any state of disrepair that you choose. If that doesn't fly, I have a spare room you can have. :whistle:

Good luck with the T-33 buddy.

Mike

Thanks again for the usual solid support and encouragement. "Mrs ALF" got a scream out of your offer - she said I was free to go any time, as long as I cleaned up the model room first...

So I decided to clean up shop. It's now ready for another model. The T-33 is already spread out a bit, but Faab104 had to open his big mouth and suggest I do another Starfighter... darn! I just might have to do my 417 Squadron Dual in natural metal first. It would have the 'dual' benefit of having just built a kit in the same scale by the same manufacturer, so I remember the colours, tricks, etc, plus I could use it to practise and perfect my kitchen foil skills before tackling the bigger and more expensive T-33 kit. Hmmmmm. Will decide soon.

And thanks for the offer to use your spare room. I considered it, but then realized that you might get unhappy at me borrowing your glue, get on my case about leaving plastic debris on the desk, and then we'd get our 'parts' mixed up... it would possibly destroy a great friendship! :coolio:

So that's why I cleaned up my model area.

ALF

Yes this was a great thread with a great build!

The On Canadian Wings GB is coming up, a chance to do another CF bird. I think I am going to try for one of the birds I flew in, torn between the Hornet and a T-Bird, ah maybe I'll try both, BUT gotta get these 104s done first!!

The beauty of cleaning the model room is it is ready to mess up again, until one is told to clean it!?!?? Glad I don't have that problem, he, he, he...

Well got to get back to work, then back to more 104 finishing later when I get home.

Yes this was a great thread with a great build!

The On Canadian Wings GB is coming up, a chance to do another CF bird. I think I am going to try for one of the birds I flew in, torn between the Hornet and a T-Bird, ah maybe I'll try both, BUT gotta get these 104s done first!!

The beauty of cleaning the model room is it is ready to mess up again, until one is told to clean it!?!?? Glad I don't have that problem, he, he, he...

Well got to get back to work, then back to more 104 finishing later when I get home.

Thanks Flyboy - glad you enjoyed it.

I have lots of candidates for On Cdn Wings - and Faab104 has convinced me to start the other Starfighter in my stash.

I'll be watching your builds - looking good.

ALF