Hey guys whats up? I'm sure this has been posted a thousand times but here it goes in a different format. I'm struggling a bit with weathering and need some ideas. For example: 1)Type of weathering; exhuast, gun soot, fading, oil stains. 2)Type of medium used or combos of. 3) Ways you apply it. Someone could put together a lot of good ideas here and probably learn a few in the process. I've looked at different links, but they seem to be fairly generic and not very specific. If you've got a good one though, hit me with it. Thanks for the ideas!

I use my Steel Polishing Powders to replicate exhaust and cordite stains. It works on NMF or painted finishes.

baretakeoff1.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

I use masking tape to keep the the area where I don't want the stains. The tape also works as a surface to start from...moving from fore to aft over the vent where the "stains" are emerging from.

Stains.jpg

JugWIP1.jpg

I use my Steel Polishing Powders to replicate exhaust and cordite stains. It works on NMF or painted finishes.

baretakeoff1.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

I use masking tape to keep the the area where I don't want the stains. The tape also works as a surface to start from...moving from fore to aft over the vent where the "stains" are emerging from.

Stains.jpg

JugWIP1.jpg

Hey thanks, thats exactly the kind of help I'm looking for. Ordered some stuff from you a month or so back, so I'll try it out on my Spit.

I normally start by airbrushing gray tones then brownish/black and with a final touch up of just flatblack. Sometimes I will add black pastels at the point of the exhaust. This is my latest build as an example.

FM-2BlackWidow005.jpg

Regards,

Robert

I do oils stains with oil paints.

I mix up a black/brown combination and thin it out.

I place small dots and then streak it back in the airflow with a soft fan brush. The effect is controllable by how much you 'wipe' the stain , how thin the mix is and how many times you repeat the process.

DSC_6811.jpg

Cheers,

Matt