Need Ideas for future products

Future Weapon Releases  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which conventional weapons would you like?

• Air Delivered Mines MK52, 56 & 60
    • Data Link Pods Walleye & GBU-15
    • GBU-15/AGM-130
    • GBU-22 500 lb LLLGB
    • WCMD
    • GBU-39 Small Dia Bomb with carrier
  2. 2. Which Nukes?

• Clip with 4 B28's for the B-52
    • Rotary SRAM launcher with 8 SRAM's
    • AGM-129 Advanced Cruise Missile
    • B53 and B61-1
    • Early Navy Nukes Mk5, MK8, MK11
    • AGM-69 SRAM external carry for FB-111A

Gents:

There's a lot of 72nd scale subjects that need attention but I'd like to take a limited poll for future weapon model releases. You can select more than one answer to each question.

Mark S.

Spectre Resins

Edited by Mark S.

Gents:

Thanks for you input.

An AGM-129 Advanced ACM kit containing 12 (a B-52 loadout) may cost as much as $36 USD? This is based on a preliminary estimate of my costs. Additionally because of the cost and the limited appeal I would probably make it a special purchase item in which you may wait two weeks from order placement to shipping date. Anyone still interested? Would you rather have the kits contain 3, 4, or 6 missiles to keep the sales price down?

Mark S.

Spectre Resins

I'm not familiar with the B-52 bomb bay or its loadouts, but would it be possible to cast only the lower halves of the missiles that will reside at the top of the bay? I'm not sure that would significantly reduce the cost, but I figure there's no need to cast something that literally will not be seen.

Either way, I think the cost is justified given the finesse of the castings, and a short wait is not unreasonable for a special purchase item.

I think the special order system is fair, you have told us up front so nobody (OK the guys who don't read this will not know) can say it's taking too long. It's more reasonable for you as well you don't have stock banging around on the shelves. Go for it, I can wait. Also this is great getting feedback from the modellers, thanks.

GBU-39s are going to be released very soon in the upcoming Skunkmodels NATO/US weapons set. It might be worth waiting to see how those turn out before tackling them as a resin project.

-Hoops

Why all US weapons?The are other nations out there you know....

Spike,

I live within hours by car of the US Air Force Museum so getting the photos needed for US weapons has been easy.

For foreign weapons let me know what you would like to see. If I can get enough reference photos and the overall dimensions I'll do foreign weapons. What I'd like to do are the French and Soviet Nukes.

Mark S.

Gents:

Thanks for you input.

An AGM-129 Advanced ACM kit containing 12 (a B-52 loadout) may cost as much as $36 USD? This is based on a preliminary estimate of my costs. Additionally because of the cost and the limited appeal I would probably make it a special purchase item in which you may wait two weeks from order placement to shipping date. Anyone still interested? Would you rather have the kits contain 3, 4, or 6 missiles to keep the sales price down?

Mark S.

Spectre Resins

I'd be interested in a set of ACMs...and your Clip rack idea is really quite exciting, just wish someone would step up (would be quite an undertaking) and build some accurate 72nd munitions trailers.

The AGM-129 to my knowledge is only carried externally on the cruise missile pylons. Six missiles on a pylon under each wing.

That is correct, according to the AF factsheet:

http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/f...eet.asp?id=3548

The pylon used for the AGM-129 is slightly different than that used for the AGM-86; the difference is how the fairings fit around the aft section of each missile. The AGM-86 pylon fairings are shaped to accomodate the missile's top-mounted intake. As the upper surfaces of the AGM-129 don't have that shape, the fairings are straight. Pg 84 of DACO's B-52 book has photos showing the differences.

I'd be interested in a set of ACMs...and your Clip rack idea is really quite exciting, just wish someone would step up (would be quite an undertaking) and build some accurate 72nd munitions trailers.

I think the MHU-196/204 could be properly designed and executed to be used with any of the three U.S. bombers, but definitely a massive undertaking. On a simpler scale, the MHU-110 would be good.

Looking forward to what you come up with Mark!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
The AGM-129 to my knowledge is only carried externally on the cruise missile pylons. Six missiles on a pylon under each wing.

Mark

Right. May I recommend that you ignore any advice I offer on the B-52? I've embarrassed myself by showing just how little I know about that venerable old airplane! :worship:

I just hope you find more value in my feedback on your decal choices!

I think the MHU-196/204 could be properly designed and executed to be used with any of the three U.S. bombers, but definitely a massive undertaking. On a simpler scale, the MHU-110 would be good.

Looking forward to what you come up with Mark!

Jonah

A MHU-110 would be very welcome ! Great idea Jonah :rolleyes:

Haydn.

Cool stuff, Mark. ;)

Does the option "data link pods Walleye and GBU-15" only include the pod?

I'd be quite happy with just the pod, but it made me think of something. The injected plastic Walleyes that we have are all of the early generation. Maybe you could do one of the later Walleyes with the different wings?

Cheers, Stefan.

Gents,

Thanks for your replies and votes. The data link pods would be just that. One for the Walleye and one for the AGM-130/GBU-15.

I'll be starting the drawings for the subjects later this week. As they're done I may post them.

If you are interested I've started another Poll in the Non-Aircraft Modeling Sub-Forum. Would appreciate your opinions and votes for a Poll on U.S. Army SAM's and ABM's. Thinking about producing a line in 72nd scale.

Thanks,

Mark S.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I suggest the SUU-21? It was carried a lot by many planes, from F-100's to F-111's to F-16, often to simmulate drops of nukes. Oddly enough, this item is only availlable in the ancient Hase F-4 kits (I think). I have seen more pics of planes carrying the SUU-21 than the SUU-20, which is included in the Hase weapons sets.

• 9 months later...