Mig-29 (9-13), 1/32 scale, RevelloTrump

FANTASTIC workmanship Alexander! I have no idea how I missed this thread but you can bet I am a subscriber to it now! Your work is always amazing my good man. I am looking forward to more progress.

Well done.

Mike

Hello Mike! Nice to hear from you and thank you for your nice comment.

BTW, I keep my eyes peeled for your works and always find them to be stunning! :worship::worship:

Cheers!

Alexander.

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Alexander

A very interesting project you've started! I can tell you, the fit of the Correction Set from Zactomodels is excellent! Very well done!

How do i know? My MiG-29 with the correction set is finished! :yahoo:

I wish you good luck with your project and look forward to the final result! Have fun! B)

Cheers

Stephan

Hello Alexander

A very interesting project you've started! I can tell you, the fit of the Correction Set from Zactomodels is excellent! Very well done!

How do i know? My MiG-29 with the correction set is finished! :rofl:

I wish you good luck with your project and look forward to the final result! Have fun! :taunt:

Cheers

Stephan

Hello Stephan. Your Mig-29 is done? D'u intend to show her off on the Display Corner? I'm eager to see her in all her glory. :D

As for the correction set, yes, Zactomodels rocks!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Impressive surgery... that is insane!

I have the revell kit in my stash... but im not going to do this kind of work on it... :salute:

Anyway... keep up the good work...very nice to follow!

bye!!

romain

Hi!

Impressive surgery... that is insane!

I have the revell kit in my stash... but im not going to do this kind of work on it... :)

Anyway... keep up the good work...very nice to follow!

bye!!

romain

Hi Romain. Yes, it's a bit insane. :)

I think by the time you start you own Revell's Mig, there will have been quite a few improvements to simplify your build considerably. ;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Eastern,

I know that there are soem more progress...

When will you send those pictures to ARCers?

I was totally shocked by the job you are doing there in secret... :blink:

Regards,Laz

Hello Eastern,

I know that there are soem more progress...

When will you send those pictures to ARCers?

I was totally shocked by the job you are doing there in secret... :whistle:

Regards,Laz

Hi Laz! Thanks for dropping by and bumping it up. :)

Well...Yes, some more progress actually takes place, insignificant though. whistle.gif

But no secrets at all and I will place a couple of pics soon. To be honest, I just put my Fulcrum off for another current project - AIM-9X. I'm just about finishing the rear fin and will post some pics as well before long.;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

Well, as Laz gave me a gentle nudge, I managed to show you some more progress, though I'm not up for my Fulcrum presently as I'm busy with another projects that tempts me much.;)

OK, another issue was the humps on the rear upper portion of the fuselage. To correct them I managed to cut them off and trim each one individually:

51947-72496-34940363-m549x500.jpg

Then I used Tamiya Epoxy Puty to form the humps' shape:

51947-0cc66-34940364-m549x500.jpg

51947-ac792-35071065-m549x500.jpg

To make the humps to be symmetric I just glued them together and then trimmed and sand to give them shape to meet what is shown on the drawing:

51947-33ceb-35091698-m750x740.jpg

51947-3e50e-35091697-m549x500.jpg51947-e4f2c-35915787-m549x500.jpg51947-6877f-35915801-m549x500.jpg51947-b9eb2-35915773-m549x500.jpg

Then that the humps are trimmed, I glued them where to be with the use of CA:51947-d3d85-36217226-m549x500.jpg51947-e1644-36217227-m549x500.jpg

That's all folk! :)

I'll place more when I' m up for that.;)

Alexander.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

Hello guys...er, and gals, of course. :)

I think it's time to revive my thread and to refresh it by adding a couple of new pics.

Some time ago I received four perfect resin copies of the intakes from Zactoman he cast using my master patterns. He generously made them for me. Thanks, Chris! :worship:

One copy I used as a workpiece to make a substitution for Revell's in-kit intakes.

Well, I think I'd better show the result ;)

51947--38642540-m549x500-u2e1bc.jpg51947--38642630-m549x500-uf8185.jpg

51947--38642557-m549x500-uf3906.jpg51947--38642647-m549x500-u85f8d.jpg

51947--38642604-m549x500-u6a61e.jpg51947--38642610-m549x500-u7c87a.jpg

51947--38642663-m549x500-u2bfc9.jpg51947--38642618-m549x500-u99a71.jpg

This is how they turned out. Not 100% correct but I think they are "good enough" to be a nice replacement for the in-kit parts. I intend to offer my new upgrade for Revell's Fulcrum and hope Zactoman will accept my offering enthusiastically. :cop:

But now that the intakes are completed I'm thoroughly up for my AIM-9X project.

Alexander.

:cheers:

thoses are really great! (the lesser word i found)

i also hope that they will be part of zactoman's offer to correct the revell's 1/32 mig-29...

...till you guys have done all the replacement parts... and then offer a full resin zactomodel 1/32 mig-29!!!! :salute:

Thanks guys for the feedback and encouragement!

thoses are really great! (the lesser word i found)

i also hope that they will be part of zactoman's offer to correct the revell's 1/32 mig-29...

...till you guys have done all the replacement parts... and then offer a full resin zactomodel 1/32 mig-29!!!! :P

Full resin 1/32 Mig-29? :thumbsup: Oh, I'm really puzzled... No, rather no than yes. :thumbsup: Not me, sorry. :)

Maybe just a couple more upgrades...unless some plastic manufacturer releases a newly tooled accurate beast. B)

Alexander.

Hi Eli! Thanks for dropping by and for encouragement.

Hi Alexander.

Air intakes are beautiful. Nice work :crying: . When go into production?

Cheers,

Michael.

Hi Michael! Thank you for your kind words and welcome aboard!

I hope you will eventually dare to post at least a couple of pics of your own beautiful birds. :crying2:

As for the intakes, the package is ready to be sent.

Alexander.

:soapbox:

Wow, those are nice. It dose not matter if their not 100%. They sure are step up from what's in the kit and nice addition to already zactos (I'm sure your) set. ;)

Mike

Hi Mike! Thanks for appreciation. As for the Zacto's Mig-29 set, well...mine are only nozzles, wheel hubs and pylons.

Alexander.

:coolio:

• 4 months later...