Mig-29 (9-13), 1/32 scale, RevelloTrump

Always nice to see some serious built,Alexander!

Your masterbuilt especially inspires me of my current Fulcrum built.

Keep on!

Cheers,

Yufei

Hi Yufei!

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you eventually will switch over to the only true scale to use those sweet goodies we both, me and Zactoman, prepared for all 1/32 scale funs. :worship:

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:thumbsup:

this is some serious surgery :yahoo:

it sounds funny to hear that trumpeter is accurate for once :P

well more seriously

you are putting the bar high this time

your topic will help me during my attempt with the 9 12 resin correction set :D

thks for sharing :worship:

Wow Alex, that is some serious surgery there. This will be an awesome kit when complete. I will follow it closely and learn from the master!!

Mike

Hi Mike! Thanks for input. Glad to help.

this is some serious surgery

it sounds funny to hear that trumpeter is accurate for once

well more seriously

you are putting the bar high this time

your topic will help me during my attempt with the 9 12 resin correction set

thks for sharing

Hi Ghostkiller! As for the accuracy, well, Trumpeter's Mig-29M (9-15) is quite accurate and matches with the drawings I obtained

through internet. To my own surprise it's true. I'm glad my topic will help. But it's gonna be a very long way to follow, you are patient enough I hope. :coolio:

Alexander.

Well, now some updates. The intakes matter.

I intend to use Trumpeter's in-kit ones. They are "good enough" but since I gave the secrifice for accuracy sake, I should

alter them. First step is to remove those bulbous formations that the flat area has:

51947-b8369-32511305-m549x500.jpg51947-a4d3a-32511307-m549x500.jpg

The photo below shows that the intakes set parallel to the lower fuselage where they attached to and are inclined

8 degrees relatively vertical CL:

51947-cc4cd-33131074-m750x740.jpg

To match the in-kit intakes with the real thing I cut them in two parts and then glued as shown below:

51947-c6e3c-32511308-m549x500.jpg51947-56073-32511310-m549x500.jpg

Then the two parts were glued so that fore part appeared to be turned cw for the right hand intake and ccw for the left one.

Relative displacement was 3 mm up for the fore part.

51947-ea9f0-33132088-m549x500.jpg51947-a729f-32511326-m549x500.jpg

Another problem is that the square portion of the intakes' has width 1 mm less than the real scaled size.

To fix the problem I cut lower area of the intakes appr. 30 mm from the fore end and glued V-shaped piece of plastic:

51947-f0157-32511329-m549x500.jpg51947-efe13-32511330-m549x500.jpg

51947-37cf5-32511331-m549x500.jpg

To be continued...

To give the intakes a real shape and size some plastic pieces has been glued here and there:

51947-703d4-32641013-m549x500.jpg51947-a986b-32641027-m549x500.jpg

51947-5a99d-32641029-m549x500.jpg51947-3313e-32641042-m549x500.jpg

Well, I think that's enough for now. The intakes beckon me. ;)

I'll post some more pics and comments when I have time and proper mood. :coolio:

Alexander.

:doh:

Hi Yufei!

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you eventually will switch over to the only true scale to use those sweet goodies we both, me and Zactoman, prepared for all 1/32 scale funs. ;)

Alexander.

:cheers:

Thats all I ever build is no less then 1/32 so can I be a memeber of that club as well??? :woot.gif: :D Pretty Please????

Roy

Edited by RoyT
Thats all I ever build is no less then 1/32 so can I be a memeber of that club as well??? :whistle::nanner: Pretty Please????

Roy

Hi Roy! Sure! I think you already are a member of the only true scale club! ;)

dragan_mig31][/b]

great work.if i may ask what markings and camo will this beuty wear in the end?

Hi Dragan! I'm undecided yet what markings to choose exactly. I'm eagerly waiting for Begemot's release.

The only I can say for sure, the markings will be that of the actual Russian bird but such artworks like shark mouth is not my style, alas.

Alexander.

Edited by Eastern
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys!

Now that I've got some progress I managed to share some pics with some comments.

Well, after two months of puttying, sending...again, pittying, sending and so on, I finally cobbled up the intakes, consumed whole tube of Tamiya putty. :thumbsup: Even having sufficient amount of reference photos it was not easy to figure out a real shape of the intakes, especially their inner surface closer to the fore end.

I must tell that the putty occured to be wrong material to use in large amounts due its liability to shrinkage and thus wrapping plastic.

But never the less, now the intakes look very close to that one can see on the pix of the real thing.

Here some pix:

51947-78158-35071070-m549x500.jpg51947-38507-35071071-m549x500.jpg

51947-0113e-35071073-m549x500.jpg51947-9de1f-35071080-m549x500.jpg

51947-ff80f-35071084-m549x500.jpg51947-3d394-35071077-m549x500.jpg

51947-1bc57-35071066-m549x500.jpg51947-02c47-35071067-m549x500.jpg

51947-480a3-35071089-m549x500.jpg

Now they are at least 97% symmetrical. Next step would be making resin copies (I hope Chris will generously help me to cast them :rofl: ) so that to treat them then for good and then to make all panel and riveting lines, air duct and all other details.

More in-progress pics you kindly can see here: http://pilot64.gallery.ru/watch?a=nF1-e2JC

Alexander.

:wub:

Edited by Eastern

Hello Alexander,

WHOA!!!

That is one pure brilliant workmanship... It is looking FANTASTIC.you did a great job .

Those intakes belie the fact that you have worked them on for a bit to get them just SO right...they are truly superb.. :thumbsup:

WAY TO GO Alexander.. :rofl: :wub:

HOLMES :wub:

Hello Alexander,

WHOA!!!

That is one pure brilliant workmanship... It is looking FANTASTIC.you did a great job .

Those intakes belie the fact that you have worked them on for a bit to get them just SO right...they are truly superb..

WAY TO GO Alexander.. :whistle::taunt:

HOLMES :salute:

Hello HOLMES! Glad you dropped by. :) You always find proper words to encourage. ;Thank you for the input, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Alexander.

:woo: ... my first reaction to seeing your nice Mig being cut up. But the work you are doing to it now is brilliant... really unbelievable stuff <_<

My modelling is on hold for a while. I have taken a work assignment in Switzerland, so I'll be relocating there with the family (I'm a Swiss national although I've never lived there), hopefully my collection survives the move and I can get back to modelling in 6 months or so.

Marcel

:P ... my first reaction to seeing your nice Mig being cut up. But the work you are doing to it now is brilliant... really unbelievable stuff :whistle:

My modelling is on hold for a while. I have taken a work assignment in Switzerland, so I'll be relocating there with the family (I'm a Swiss national although I've never lived there), hopefully my collection survives the move and I can get back to modelling in 6 months or so.

Marcel

Hi Marcel! Nice to hear from you and thanks much for appreciation of my modeling exploit. :salute:

Six months off the modelig, it's quite a delay! The silver linen is that in six months your modeling mojo will grow up considerably and your keen desire to put your hands to another kit will resulting one more smashing masterpiece. :salute:

Alexander.

51947-480a3-35071089-m549x500.jpg

Next step would be making resin copies (I hope Chris will generously help me to cast them :worship: ) so that to treat them then for good and then to make all panel and riveting lines, air duct and all other details.

I might be bribed :whistle:

You know I'll help you with your project my friend...

I'm just wondering if this is something that might be a good candidate for a Zactoproduct :wacko:

They are looking great so far!

This is going to be one spectacular MiG when it's finished!

Next step would be making resin copies (I hope Chris will generously help me to cast them ) so that to treat them then for good and then to make all panel and riveting lines, air duct and all other details.
I might be bribed :coolio:

You know I'll help you with your project my friend...

I'm just wondering if this is something that might be a good candidate for a Zactoproduct :wacko:

They are looking great so far!

This is going to be one spectacular MiG when it's finished!

Hi bro! ;) Thank you for giving your helping hand.

A candidate for a Zactoproduct? Why not! It would be a very nice improvement and a great fun for all Big Fulcrum fans. :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:salute:

i am in the process of building my 29 (you can see progress over on LSP)

i just started to get the kit intakes ready for mounting, but alexanders look so much better

since i am planning on doing all of the proposed corrections to the kit, it might be worth putting my build on hold intake wise

if you say you will do them i will wait for them....

Edited by karl h
i am in the process of building my 29 (you can see progress over on LSP)

i just started to get the kit intakes ready for mounting, but alexanders look so much better

since i am planning on doing all of the proposed corrections to the kit, it might be worth putting my build on hold intake wise

if you say you will do them i will wait for them....

Hello Karl.

Thank you for my intakes appreciation but it will take me at least THREE months to finish them, including all the stuff associated with (air duct, movable panels, etc.). And then, not less than four weeks required to deliver the master patterns to Zactoman and put it into production at Zactomodels. I actually used Trumpeter's in-kit intakes as a starting point but they should be adopted for the Revel's kit bearing in mind Zactoman's resin parts are now available at Zactomodels (I hope you ordered them yet? If not, please do, they are a must ;) ) and as you can guess it needs time to add to four weeks mentioned above. :wacko: So you should be very patient before you can put your hands on a new Revell's kit improvement. B) I think you can include them to your Christmas Wish List. :)

As for your build, can you put the direct link? I'll be following with much interest.

Cheers!

Alexander.

hi alexander

i have all of the zacto parts, less the missels/pylons, because i have not seen a loadout on an iraqi mig 29, i think i will do it clean

this is the link (just be prepared, my work doesnt compare to yours in any way, but it should be fun, right?)

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=30312

FANTASTIC workmanship Alexander! I have no idea how I missed this thread but you can bet I am a subscriber to it now! Your work is always amazing my good man. I am looking forward to more progress.

Well done.

Mike