Congrats to the US world cup team. Definitely a lucky tie against (IMHO) a stronger British team. Quite the exciting game from start to finish and an outstanding job in goal by Howard.

John

Edited by 11bee

HAR! Same old England, played well, and as tight in the passing game as I`ve seen in a while, but still lacking the killer punch in the final third. That`s the difference between England and say Italy or Brazil. They can have a bad game and grind out a victory whereas England can have a good game and grind out a draw.

England may JUST have been the better side, but the draw seemed a fair result. Heskey had a good game and, contrary to poular belief, he CAN hit a barn door at ten paces...as long as the barn door was made of goalkeepers. :)

But let`s be fair, he did set up Gerard`s goal and did work hard, I have a teeny-weeny bit of an incling it won`t be Emile Heskey people will be talking about tomorrow.

A fair result overall.

Cheers, Ian

It's all about 'finishing'! How many times can you put the ball in the box and not score? Sheesh! Lampard was invisible! Jaimie Carragher is a litlle long in the tooth on the back end! I gotta think Theo Walcott , Joe Cole and Paul Scholes mght have made a difference!

Alvin5182

It's just a Game, after all ....

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.†The late, great Bill Shankly.

Seriously, if the team does do badly, it affects the morale of the whole country.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” The late, great Bill Shankly.

Seriously, if the team does do badly, it affects the morale of the whole country.

Now if were talking rugger, well I'd agree... ( my ex countrymates just thrashed France's backside 42-17! )

Footie, nah, take it or leave it.

Bunch of woosies :)

Edited by model_madness

Same old England indeed. 3-4 balls on the ground through the box... 1 real US chance (saved by Green). Sure Green screwed up, but it shouldn't have mattered. US should be #2 in this group and then loose game 4.

Still, it was great to see the US keep playing, keep attacking. If they want more fans, they need to pick an aggressive offensive style. Demerit did alright vs. the Roonster, but Clark needs to do a bit better. If Germany had been the opponent, it would not have been 1-1.

Monday, HUP HOLLAND!!! AAAANNNVALUUUUH!