Su-27 red04 landing on Chojna

Here's probably the hardest model I ever built, not because of the model which is easy enough and very well documented and supported by the top of the best artists and third party accessorists. Anyway, the hardest thing I ever did was those two parabrakes, not the model itself...

Su27_064_final.jpg

Model is of course Trumpeter Su-27 in 1/32

Zacto nose, zacto canopy, zacto intakes but unfortunately no zacto missiles and pylons.

Also of interest and well worth praising are the Mastercaster wheels and Pilot, Eduard Pe fret, Quickboost seat and gleareshield Aires exhaust and Linden Hill decals and stencils. Been on the bench for more than 15 months, of which 6 were used to figure the colours :) and 3 alone for the parabrake and the homemade base which is 100x50cm. The parabrakes strings should normally be longer, but that was a base already long enough :worship: So I cheated a bit

Su27_065_final.jpg

Su27_066_final.jpg

Su27_067_final.jpg

Su27_068_final.jpg

The parabrakes were done using the same technique as explained in the Su27 Gallery (5cm tape on metal rods) but with some modifications since the tutorial was for 1/48 and they are way heavier in 1/32. As a consequence, I placed each on a transparent stand and used fishing wire for the strings. It was a real nightmare to get them all as tight as possible...I'm glad it's over :worship:

The second most challenging moment of the built was to fit all aftermarket accessories from different sources in the cockpit and close the zacto vacuformed canopy. It was tense but i'm very glad with the result

Su27_070_final.jpg

Su27_069_final.jpg

The full build report is here: http://forums.europeanmodeller.com/index.php?showtopic=3215

Edited by Red Dog

Wow! That is a real stunner! :worship: Very impressive and inspiring! Bravo!

Sorry though, you didn't use Zacto's pylons and missiles, they would add much realism to the build. :thumbsup:

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Guest Hoban Washburne

Quite nice. I know you cited the 1/48 construction of parabrakes, but do you have a link to that technique? I should like very much to read about how it was done.

A stunning model you've built there. Lovely.

Thank you all for your comments gents.

Could we get close-ups of the pilot and the parabrakes?

I'll try to post details shots later on.

How did you do the blue tint on the engines?

The blue is one of the new alclad colours. First time I try it as well and I'm sold. I think it's hot metal blue or something.

Sorry though, you didn't use Zacto's pylons and missiles, they would add much realism to the build.

Well yes, i'm sorry as well, but lots of Su27 flew with no missile at all :thumbsup: Anyway, that won't be my last Su-27. So I'll make amends in the future :wub:

I know you cited the 1/48 construction of parabrakes, but do you have a link to that technique?

Sure: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com./tnt...-Tan/tnt152.htm

Thanks again for all comments