NY Times Article on Medevac Helo Crews

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/world/as....html?ref=world

The Times has a good article on a Blackhawk Medevac crew stationed in Afghanistan. It's pretty tough to read at times (the attached series of pictures are graphic) but it really makes you appreciate the sacrifice of our troops over there (and by "our" troops, I refer to all of the NATO nations).

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/world/as....html?ref=world

The Times has a good article on a Blackhawk Medevac crew stationed in Afghanistan. It's pretty tough to read at times (the attached series of pictures are graphic) but it really makes you appreciate the sacrifice of our troops over there (and by "our" troops, I refer to all of the NATO nations).

Regards,

John

John.

....Thank you for posting this to remind us what they go thru{I have gotten some friends who are out there as of now..}

You are right , this is extremely graphically written as well as shown.

I do appreciate the NATO troops out there and the sacrifces that they make for ME to live in a safe World.

Lest WE forget ANY of them....

HOLMES :whistle::jaw-dropping::worship:

That's the business my nephew is in.... He's a Blackhawk flight medic. Currently in

Germany, but he'll be deploying to the 'stan within 60 days. I think I'll read the article

for myself, but will not pass it on to his mother (my sister) as it would freak her out.

Thanks for sharing that, John. :cheers:

That's the business my nephew is in.... He's a Blackhawk flight medic. Currently in

Germany, but he'll be deploying to the 'stan within 60 days. I think I'll read the article

for myself, but will not pass it on to his mother (my sister) as it would freak her out.

Thanks for sharing that, John. :wasntme:

Patrick..

Pass on MY thanks for doing a great job in a risky environment.....thinking of when he is deployed to A/stan.

HOLMES :woot.gif:

Patrick..

Pass on MY thanks for doing a great job in a risky environment.....thinking of when he is deployed to A/stan.

HOLMES :salute:

Good article ...

Thanks John ...

Patrick, Thank You to your Nephew as well ... a very tough job that strong people do ... :salute:

Gregg

Thanks, guys. In a way, he's following in my footsteps. He always looked up to me and has wanted to go into the military as long as I can remember. I tried to steer him towards the Air Force, but he followed his own path.

Thanks, guys. In a way, he's following in my footsteps. He always looked up to me and has wanted to go into the military as long as I can remember. I tried to steer him towards the Air Force, but he followed his own path.

It's a noble path. Please pass on my sincere thanks for his service and wish him good luck on his deployment.

John

Indeed it is a noble path. Usually the medics and pilots of conflicts end up becoming the EMTs and pilots of medivacs in civilian life as well. It was true for Nam and the boom to emergency transport in the 1970s, it will likely be true for this conflict as well.