Hasagawas kit is more accurate in profile and shape.

This is personal opinion, but I vote Hasegawa....but its not saying the Academy kit is bad. Both kits are outstanding.

I would use the Hasegawa kit for an American Raptor, and the Academy for Israeli, Japanese, Korean(et all) Raptors

Hands down Hasegawa has the most accurate shape.

The surface detail can be handled first by lightly sanding down the raised edges of the LO surface detail, to slightly round off the hard edges.

then apply a layer of Mr. Surfacer or some other heavy primer coat, then again sanding to remove the primer from the raised LO areas.

This should releave the harsh exaggerated surface detail, and soften it up.

Larry McCarly (aka Incaroad) has gone 5 steps further and removed all the raise detail (he's a braver man than I am) you'll have to find it at Z-5 under

"Justification for Hase Raptor raised detail". what ever he comes up with I'm sure will look great.

Curt

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&amp...=a&start=75 Look here - a few photos.

My opinion:

In real are structure detail on Hasegawa kit very fine. On photos look - yes- ugly-as armor - but in real it is better. And shapes accuracy in compare with Academy kit is superb. Yes, Academy have full weapons load, decals sheet from Catrograph and better price, but - Hasegawa is in my opinion better.

Hands down Hasegawa has the most accurate shape.

The surface detail can be handled first by lightly sanding down the raised edges of the LO surface detail, to slightly round off the hard edges.

then apply a layer of Mr. Surfacer or some other heavy primer coat, then again sanding to remove the primer from the raised LO areas.

This should releave the harsh exaggerated surface detail, and soften it up.

I find it inexcusable that one should have to go through all this. I know that this issue has been beaten to death already, I am just still blown away that a top-flight company like Hase that is renowned for producing accurate kits could have screwed up like that. You would have thought that someone would have caught that before it went into production.

Oh well...

I find it inexcusable that one should have to go through all this. I know that this issue has been beaten to death already, I am just still blown away that a top-flight company like Hase that is renowned for producing accurate kits could have screwed up like that. You would have thought that someone would have caught that before it went into production.

Oh well...

As I do when Hobbyboss, Kinetic, Trumpeter,and Academy botch up basic shape profiles.

And this detail is accurate, just a bit exaggerated, as is most detail put into scale models.

Curt