Are Quickboost R-2800 Engines Underscale?

I picked up a Quickboost F4U-7 Corsair engine for the Hasegawa kit, and while the packaging says it's for this kit, it is drastically smaller in diameter than the kit engine.

It's beautifully cast, but it's about 3/16 inches in diameter smaller than the Hasegawa engine, the crankcase is almost the same size as the prop hub, and it just looks funky in the cowl.

Is the Quickboost engine underscale or is the Hasegawa F4U-5/AU-1/F4U-7 series overscale?

DSCF7392.jpg

DSCF7393.jpg

DSCF7394.jpg

This under-scale problem with quick-boost products seems to be serious. I did a review for IPMS on the Ar234 engine- severely under scaled and will not fit at all... I pointed this out in the review so I don't think it will be published. And I have the engine for the Me 262 and it is also under scaled. but not nearly as bad.

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
This under-scale problem with quick-boost products seems to be serious. I did a review for IPMS on the Ar234 engine- severely under scaled and will not fit at all... I pointed this out in the review so I don't think it will be published. And I have the engine for the Me 262 and it is also under scaled. but not nearly as bad.

What's up with that? Is something shrinking when they're making it?