assembled together, painted in primer, errors foxed ( I hope ) and sanded...

today will repaint with primer fixed spots to see how efective was this fix...

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

This thing have SMALL WINGS... I thing the lifting factor was pilot wish to fly, not the wing surface generating lift...

Edited by Tomcat Fan
This thing have SMALL WINGS... I thing the lifting factor was pilot wish to fly, not the wing surface generating lift...

Drive anything with enough thrust, and it will fly... The 104 was too beautiful to be rejected by the Earth!

Now if we talk helicopters, that's exactly why they fly - the Earth rejects them because they are unnatural beasts.

And don't get me started on the F-4... :woot.gif: That is an example of an aircraft that flew on brute force alone.

ALF

Now if we talk helicopters, that's exactly why they fly - the Earth rejects them because they are unnatural beasts.

ALF

Oh come on now don't be nasty to choppers, after all they are really 12 thousand or more loosely assembled parts flying in close formation!?!?

I'll bet that if (and I hope it never happens) you have to leave a Hornet because the 2 tubes at the back got suddenly quiet way out in the boonies, you will be real happy to see a loose formation of parts whopping it's way to your local?

Edited by Flyboyf18
Oh come on now don't be nasty to choppers, after all they are really 12 thousand or more loosely assembled parts flying in close formation!?!?

I'll bet that if (and I hope it never happens) you have to leave a Hornet because the 2 tubes at the back got suddenly quiet way out in the boonies, you will be real happy to a loose formation of parts whopping it's way to your local?

---CONE OF SILENCE INSTALLED----

Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I actually have a lot of respect for helos and their pilots. Useful beasts (Search and Rescue, logging, oil rigs, troop transport in Afghanistan, you name it). And a challenge to fly! One of my good friends took me for a 1.5 hr trip in the Kiowa in Lahr in 1984, where he taught me to hover and do circuits. I managed to keep it relatively still, which was a huge achievement given the difficulty in flying those unstable little beasts.

---CONE OF SILENCE OFF-----

But everyone knows that helicopters are the spawn of the devil! :whistle:

Now get back to work on your CF-104s...

ALF

:whistle:

Are you 2 Hornet and Chopper driver?

one of my friends is pilot in Slovenian Air force he fly with Bell 412, talkin about skahing, rumble and racket... good god.. after 2 hours flight across Slovenia I was shaking for 1 hour.. but it is FUN..

Well you got one out of two right.

Alf is a Hornet Driver but I am not a Chopper pilot.

If you look at my avatar, it is a self portrait and just over my right shoulder you can barely see the top of a Hornet fin.

That pic was taken from the back seat when I was stationed at Canada's Test Sqn., and in a similar experience to Alf I have been taught to hover a Kiowa. Dam they are touchy little boogers! I was a Navigator and the day I learned to hover the Kiowa I was with my boss who must have been really bored, so to get some excitement he decided it was time I learned to hover.

CONE OF SILENCE ON

I really enjoyed that experience. You can fly a helo around and it is kinda cool, but when you can put one into a hover that is REALLY cool!!

CONE OFF

COOOL 2 Hornet drivers.. Nice..

And I drive only Gliders, Cesnas and pipers... :coolio:

Few years back when some of my friends where still in the army AF, (Slovenian AF have 11 planes Pilatus Pc-9M and 2 porters ), I got some number of hours flying time with them... that was a joyride...

now only 1 is still in the AF that fly with Pilatus and 1 in choppers, all other went to drive airbuses A320/319 and CRJ700/900 with bunch of spoiled turists on board...

20 years back they where all driving Migs21 and one Mig29, then when Slovenia got Independent in 91 went on Pilatus or choppers, and now, busses... :yahoo:

Do you maybe have any paches for sale or to exchange? I have few paches of Slovenian AF that I can exchange?

Tomcat Fan, looks like you're making good progress. Have you decided on which squadron and which scheme yet?

A little surprised you're using the Revell kit for a F-104J. Eiko had narrow mainwheel tires, unbulged main gear doors, and used Lockheed's C-2 seat. The instrument panel is a little different from a standard G model as well.

That is what I have.. But I will somehow have to modify those main gear doors, maybe build new one from sheet stiren, I had already sand down mainwheel tires so they are now narrower for 1mm

In Aires C-pit you get 2 diferent style of instrument panel.. one for G and one for J... so G is still available if any one need it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...