Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Seat

Does anybody out there have scale drawings for the Spitfire? The reason I ask is that in looking at the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire cockpit, the seat is considerably smaller than other seats in other kits. The only dimensions that I have is a width of 17" which would make the Tamiya seat about 1mm too narrow and I have no idea about height. I have compared it with seats from MDC, Matchbox, Hasegawa, Eduard and Pacific Coast and they are all considerably larger, but they may be too large. I have been over to the Air Force Museum to look at the real thing, but can't get close enough to measure it. The answer would be accurate scale drawings but in 12 books I can find none of the cockpit, so I turning to collective expertise here for help.

Here is a pic that illustrates what the issue is. All of these seats are from 1/32 kits.

SpitfireSeatscopy.jpg

Thanks

Graham

This seat is from a XIV, and might help; I don't know if it has any bearing on other kits' sizes, but I had the opportunity to measure a seat from a P-51D, and it was 2" wider (I shall leave it, there, and leave others to make of it what they will.) B)

XIVseat.jpg

Edgar

This seat is from a XIV, and might help; I don't know if it has any bearing on other kits' sizes, but I had the opportunity to measure a seat from a P-51D, and it was 2" wider (I shall leave it, there, and leave others to make of it what they will.) :woot.gif:

XIVseat.jpg

Edgar

Very interesting, tanks for the photo and ruler.

I had the opportunity to measure a seat from a P-51D, and it was 2" wider (I shall leave it, there, and leave others to make of it what they will.)

Edgar, you know everything's bigger in Texas! :rolleyes:

You know when a movie is about to start (in a theatre) and they flash the "Please be quiet" and (nowadays) "Please silence your cell phone" across the screen? Well, in West Texas they do those things, but they also have (and I'm not making this up) a thing that says "Please remove large hats". I nearly wet myself laughing the first time I went to a movie when I was stationed in San Angelo. Didn't say anything about belt buckles though...

:yahoo:

J

Edited by Jennings