Hey Gabe

I suspect I know the answer to this already

However, I was curious if you knew of one airshow next year that would see all of the retro jets together at one time?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Sorry, but I don't know of one in particular. Each wing runs their cross-country and airshow programs separately (although we could conceivably coordinate) The other piece of the puzzle is that we usually don't know until the day of departure the exact airplane we will be taking to the airshow. We will be doing everything in our power to coordinate with maintenance to get these airplanes to as many airshows as possible, but at this point it is unknown when they will both show up at the same show at the same time. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I plan on attending the California Capital Airshow in Sacramento and as long as the Kingsville jet is "up" and I don't get trumped by someone of higher authority I will do everything I can to bring ours.

Gabe

Hi John,

Sorry, but I don't know of one in particular. Each wing runs their cross-country and airshow programs separately (although we could conceivably coordinate) The other piece of the puzzle is that we usually don't know until the day of departure the exact airplane we will be taking to the airshow. We will be doing everything in our power to coordinate with maintenance to get these airplanes to as many airshows as possible, but at this point it is unknown when they will both show up at the same show at the same time. Sorry I couldn't help more.

I plan on attending the California Capital Airshow in Sacramento and as long as the Kingsville jet is "up" and I don't get trumped by someone of higher authority I will do everything I can to bring ours.

Gabe

Thanks Gabe,

Hopefully Corky out at Oceana extends an invitation to you and everyone else who has an anniversary jet in the squadron to attend next year's show.

Cheers!

John

Hey Gabe

I suspect I know the answer to this already

However, I was curious if you knew of one airshow next year that would see all of the retro jets together at one time?

Thanks

John

I hope at the Pensacola NAS show in November.

• 2 weeks later...

There are now six aircraft in various stages either awaiting paint or are already painted.

The two T-45s are nearly complete, the TH-57 was delivered to NAS Whiting last week. T-39 and TC-12B have been inducted into rework.

An HH-60H from HSC-84 has been painted olive drab. Several other initiatives in work!

Capt. Centennial

Edited by ltdann

One more update guys. Just pulled it out so it could "bake" in the sun today. Back in the hangar now for re-assembly. This airplane just came out of modification from T-45A to T-45C so there are still a few components to be installed or re-installed (including the engine). This will be the last update until it is "officially" rolled out. Should only be a few weeks.

DSC_8907.jpg

DSC_8891.jpg

The TRAWING 1 jet from NAS Meridian is still awaiting shipment of the remaining silver paint required for the job. Should only be a week or two more on that one. Hopefully will have some photos of them together once they are both officially rolled out. Maybe even air-to-air pics if we get lucky!

Gabe