Vacuform Graf Zeppelin

Back in the late 80's, I was in high school and building models. My dad picked up what I now believe to be vacuum formed zeppelin. At the time, I had no idea what it was or how to put it together...it was so flimsy and had no visible means of attaching things. I eventually gave up and it got thrown away when my folks moved (along with all my finished and unfinished kits, along with my supplies).

If I remember correctly, it came in a black box with some red stripes.

Anyone know what it was or have you built one? I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to glue it...I bet it was close to 2.5 or 3 ft long...

Cheers!

p

Due to size of box, CONUS only, sorry....

If I'm paying the postage, why CONUS only? FWIW, the cost for shipping anywhere with a Zip Code (ie: anywhere in the US, its territories, or possessions, plus APO and FPOs) is about the same price. Far flung Zip Codes don't cost that much more. CONUS means the 48 contiguous states.

Just curious is all... I see that all the time, and it never makes sense to me.

J

I have that kit. It's clutter as far as I'm concerned. Anybody wants it, pay shipping and it's yours!

Due to size of box, CONUS only, sorry....

Interested. Got a rough idea on shipping to 06516?

Thanks -

Dan (Vpanoptes@aol.com)

I built it back in about '80. I did it as the Los Angeles for my brother who was a big airship fan. I'd already done a Hindenburg and a Graf in 1/200 card models and as the Los Angeles, the Hawk kit scales to 1/200 as well. As the Graf it's like 1/285 or so. I don't know which scheme is more accuriate in profile, I'm sure the gondola and engine pods are more correct for one or the other, but, my brother didn't care and it was his model.

Unfortunatly, all of them, along with a 1/200 Spruce Goose and 747-400 were lost when the house burned down around 1990. Along with my Teledyne Titan. :)