RF-104G Starfighter "Marineflieger"

Thanks Patrick !

I finished the decals today :

dsc03552k.jpg

dsc03555j.jpg

dsc03557vy.jpg

My photos with artificial light ain't honnest with my paint, hard to see that I worked again on the weathering with greys and also black.

Less light for this shot (results in a blurry picture, sorry) so that you can see the weathering progress :

dsc03561rp.jpg

Fabien

Looks amazing! I had to remind myself that this is in 1/72 - the way you've made it look so realistic in that small scale is very impressive. I'm sure our German friends are thinking 'sehr gut'!

ALF

Indeed ALF!

I´m living close to disbanded NAS Eggebek and spent many times around the airfield to watch the F-104 go airborne and come back after 90 minutes.

Your F-104 brings back memories!

Sehr gut! ;)

Regards,

Jürgen

Fabien

Looks amazing! I had to remind myself that this is in 1/72 - the way you've made it look so realistic in that small scale is very impressive. I'm sure our German friends are thinking 'sehr gut'!

ALF

Edited by JayBee
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm back with the canopy. Finally the seat in place.

dsc03639w.jpg

I made the 2 explosive charges for canopy jettison :

dsc03623w.jpg

Red safety pins are from the eduard set while the "remove before flight" are decals, from Tauro Model decals.

dsc03638.jpg

The End is near... I'll be back with photos outside before the end of the GB :thumbsup:

dsc03631h.jpg

dsc03632.jpg

dsc03634p.jpg

This is a brilliant step by step build, I know it must take alot of extra work to photograph everything but Im sure we will all appreciate it when we build F104 ourselves :thumbsup: This is by far the best 1:72 F104 ive ever seen, it's an inspiration - Thankyou

Thanks you all ;)

You're right Deon, the preparation of the Topic takes a little time and I even had to accelerate to meet the deadline extension cord already!

(thanks PNW Modeler !!) But I reassure you, it remained a pleasure.

I think to present a step by step allows to be more disciplined than usual and try to make personnal progress, motivated primarily

by each intervention. It is a good way to try to advance and to question oneself.

My English is limited and perhaps awkward, I often like to say more things so I'm really pleased that despite these shortcomings

you tell me you found my subject interesting. So Thanks a lot.

Lockheed RF-104G Starfighter

Luftwaffenversorgungsregiment 1 (LVR1)

construction number 683D-6677, built by Fiat around 1965.

Modified to MARINE-Recce version in 1979.

To Hellenic Air Force coded as "FG-6677" in 1987

38447010.jpg

Seen here around 1985 during the conversion to the weapon system Tornado.

This "Kommando F-104" was established at Erding AB, germany.

12296712.jpg

Thank you all very much for taking the time to comment and thanks to the Forum Team of ARC :woot.gif:

72019250.jpg

Hello Fabien,

Congratulations on this outstanding finish; it's a great tribute to such a fine aircraft. Like Deon, I really appreciate the time you've taken to compile such an interesting thread and the way you've shared your knowledge and techniques. Thanks and I look forward to your next builds, whatever they may be.

Cheers,

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...