• 4 months later...

Shame on me for not having already left any comments... :unsure:

It turned out beautiful!!!

I'm so jealous that I don't have a finished and painted YF-23 in my collection. Some day...

Looking forward to PAV-2!!!

:blink:

And I still hope that some day reach your YF-23 in 1/32th ;)

Aesthetically, everything an air dominance tool should be: elegant and lethal! F-22? sorry, a Toyota Avensis with wings! Your execution of this project is superb, Sir. :thumbsup:

Thank you. :) I hope to raise the standard even more with PAV-2.

I normally don't venture into the critique's corner, since I dislike giving critiques in this hobby (I critique professionally as an art director though!), but I was pulled in by the lure of the YF-23. It is indeed a gorgeous subject.

Now for the critique.

Firstly, you photography. If all you've got is desktop lighting I would suggestion putting some tissue over the top to diffuse it a little. It creates too stark shadows and specular highlights where they shouldn't be. Most people forget outdoor lighting. Set this up outside, you have a decent background, and get some late in the day, or early in the day sunshine to light your models - I think you would be surprised at the results you can get!

Secondly, the model itself. The finish looks great for what I can see on the photography, however there's a little roughness to the metallics on the exhaust, I think the lines are a little uneven. It's very, very difficult to hide imperfections in metallics, they seem to show up everything, so you have to pay particular attention to those areas.

Despite these critiques, the model looks fantastic. I'm very much looking forward to your PAV-2. This is one of the most distinctive and beautiful aircraft that's ever graced the sky.

I normally don't venture into the critique's corner, since I dislike giving critiques in this hobby (I critique professionally as an art director though!), but I was pulled in by the lure of the YF-23. It is indeed a gorgeous subject.

Now for the critique.

Firstly, you photography. If all you've got is desktop lighting I would suggestion putting some tissue over the top to diffuse it a little. It creates too stark shadows and specular highlights where they shouldn't be. Most people forget outdoor lighting. Set this up outside, you have a decent background, and get some late in the day, or early in the day sunshine to light your models - I think you would be surprised at the results you can get!

Secondly, the model itself. The finish looks great for what I can see on the photography, however there's a little roughness to the metallics on the exhaust, I think the lines are a little uneven. It's very, very difficult to hide imperfections in metallics, they seem to show up everything, so you have to pay particular attention to those areas.

Despite these critiques, the model looks fantastic. I'm very much looking forward to your PAV-2. This is one of the most distinctive and beautiful aircraft that's ever graced the sky.

Thank you for critique. Really appreciate it. :thumbsup: I will try to take some picture today with tissue or something in front of the light, shadows are too harsh indeed. I have done some outdoor pictures with my other models, like Tu-160:

tu-160013.jpg

tu-160015.jpg

Back then it wasn't possible to take outdoor pics of YF-23, i might take some pictures outside in the future.

Regarding the metallics, you are correct there as well. The paint itself is very smooth. There is slight "bleed" on the top of the exhaust (as in towards the canopy, nose etc). I plan to fix that in future, just some touch up with paint. Sides are fine if i remember correctly. Two bonus pictures from same photosesssion:

DSC02959.jpg

Again, how can you *not* love this smart design? :wub:

DSC02954.jpg