Hey all,

I would like to share with you my progress on The Mummy to this point. Originally, I thought of just throwing it together and then using tape on the entire model to recreate the bindings. But it actually has good fit of the parts and good detail for the bindings so you don't lose too much detail at the joints during assembly. So instead of adding tape bindings to it entirely, I just used Green Stuff to modify selected areas. Furthermore, since I don't like the loose bindings supplied by the kit, I decided to modify these using Green Stuff. I feel it gives it a little more scale effect and doesn't look as overdone as the loose wrappings provided in the kit.

Here are a few pictures of the figure with some green stuff bindings. I am working on the base as well but am not sure if I'm going to use the kit supplied cobra snake or make some other animal to fill the front area of the base. So here are the pics:

17f4be58.jpg

14443bb3.jpg

9c754aa8-1.jpg

ea05e94a-1.jpg

Having some trouble getting the picture sizes to cooperate, but you get the picture (sorry but couldn't resist!)

Tim, the green is effective as it gves it that slimy, aged look.

If there was any way for you to make some of the bandages look frayed then it will look more authentic.

It is ,though ,looking excellent and I love what you have done so far. :monkeydance::monkeydance:

Nice work .... I will be back to have a peek at this MUMMY again...

HOLMES :banana:

Tim, the green is effective as it gves it that slimy, aged look.

If there was any way for you to make some of the bandages look frayed then it will look more authentic.

Humm... the green parts are actually "Green Stuff" two part epoxy (Kneadatite) that has been rolled, cut into strips and applied to the model. The Green Stuff is sculped to look like tattered bandages/bindings -- well, at least that is what I was hoping to do! The model is not painted yet!

So you don't think the sculpted parts appear to be tattered bandages/bindings? I was concerned I was applying too many tears and tatters...

Humm... the green parts are actually "Green Stuff" two part epoxy (Kneadatite) that has been rolled, cut into strips and applied to the model. The Green Stuff is sculped to look like tattered bandages/bindings -- well, at least that is what I was hoping to do! The model is not painted yet!

So you don't think the sculpted parts appear to be tattered bandages/bindings? I was concerned I was applying too many tears and tatters...

if you have ever seen mummies in old comic movies they all always appear to have their bandages.bindins falling down as if old age has undone them and look frayed That was ALL I was thinking..I do think you have done MARVELLOUS job..MY brain was simpy thinking oput loud here{.Opps sorry}

Really it is very good what you have done...I will be back for more Tim..Keep up the good work...

HOLMES