Desert Storm GB coming up soon!

Hey all,

Just a reminder, on August 2, Saddam's forces will invade ARC and the Desert Storm Group Build 2.0 will start. Time to start thinking what you want to build for it :cheers: . As I said in the previous thread, anything goes, as long as it participated in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Operation Granby, Operation Friction, Operation Daguet or any of the other allies and of course Iraqi forces. And not just military planes, also armor, ships and civil planes are allowed.

Here's the previous thread with a few lists of things you could build in it: Clicky.

Also, I think it would be cool if we could have a little raffle at the end, so I'm looking for some sponsors. I will donate some stuff, and a couple other people have something to add too, but the more, the merrier. So, if you're a manufacturer here on ARC, or just someone who's willing to donate from your own stash, and you think this GB needs some small prizes, please PM me or Benner about it and we will be most grateful. :salute:

Hope to see lots of participants on August 2!

Pete

Edited by Pete

Hard to believe that we're coming up on TWENTY YEARS since that night I was sitting as an F-16 crew chief with the 401st TFW at Torrejon AB in Spain and I heard the recall. Wow, was that a change in my daily life. The next thing I knew I was deploying from my Spanish home to Doha, Qatar (where?) with the 401st TFW (Provisional) and the 614th TFS, The Lucky Devils.

It was going to a long and interesting next seven months...

Mike

Little bump...less than 5 weeks now, guys!

And I'm pleased to announce we already have the first official sponsor for this GB. The guys from Vagabond decals are kindly donating a couple of decalsheets for the raffle. Thanks guys!

Now, let's see if we can attract some more :) .

Geez Benner. You're a building machine. I *almost* finished my Hornet for the Dropping Iron GB, LOL. As is tradition, I didn't finish, just like gO but at least I'm 95% done. :thumbsup:

FAIL .. again :woot.gif:

I was at Nellis at a Green Flag those twenty years ago. Just got my Twenty Years of Rivet Joint in the Desert Patch - I shutter to think.

I'll be working a Boys from Syracuse F-16 and maybe I'll get that Su-24 we were all worried about done. :thumbsup:

Cool Ryan, let's hope you will be able to finish them. But with an extra long GB, this shouldn't be a problem. No Mercedes, though?

I hope to join with a 1/72 Hasegawa F-4G (SP markings). Not in August, but towards the end of the year, when I'm way more productive than in summer!!!

Hmm, I may have to join in on this one.

I have Superscale's A-7E sheet for VA-76 & VA-46. It has the camo A-7 w/ Desert Storm across the top of hte wings. According to the instruction sheet, it says it was applied to the CAG a/c upon returning to the US after completing combat operations. Would this be an acceptable sheet for this GB? Its something Ive been wanting to build for awhile, but havent gotten around to it.

Ive also got TwoBob's Whiskeys in the Mix sheet, which I believe was a Desert Storm sheet.

That A-7E will be acceptable, Adam. It's markings were directly related to Desert Storm and not some anniversary many years later. Lots of planes recieved artwork or mission markings when they went back home, that A-7 just went a bit further.