Which is easier to build???

Hi Guys,

I'm after an easy life here and want a 1/48th Fw-190A for my collection. Which is easiest to build the Eduard WEEKEND Fw-190A-8 or the Tamiya one?

I have just bought the new Airfix Bf-109E and it goes together an absolute dream

Gave up modelling about three years ago because every kit I wanted was done by Classic Airframes or other limited run companies and well a picture says a thousand words

:unsure:

I just want to enjoy the hobby

:wave:

Cheers

Lee

Tamiya will be the easiest to build between the 2, Eduard Fw190's are either love em or hate em and everyone I know who has done one admitts they take lots of fitting.

The best Fw 190A-8 from what I hear right now is the recent Haswgawa release

I agree after building the Eduard as well as the Tamiya - the Tamiya is an easier build, and comes with good options OOB in the A-8. The Eduard is a bit of a slog, you feel acomplishment when you are done but there are times you wish for something to put you out of your misery (for me it was the engine mounts/exhausts). Now I have heard that the new Hasegawas are very good kits - the EARLIER releases such as the A-3/A-4 were modified variants of the Dragon kit. The Dragon is a good kit but has quirks of its own - people have trouble with the cowl and wing/fuselage joins - I never had the problems other have had. However the later Hasegawa Wurgers are thier own tooling so they are like current prop releases like the Frank and George.

Go Tamiya....you'll get a good result and won't pull your hair out at times - unless you are a brusher and try to do the mottling!

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

Hi Guys

Thanks Soooo Much.

I am by no means an expert in Luftwaffe stuff and am actually an aviation artist who is trying to break through.

I want to enjoy my modelling and it sounds like the Eduard is :deadhorse1: big time, whereas the Tamiya are :thumbsup:

Hasegawa have plagued me before so other than their Stuka and Bf-109T which I have built and completed in the past I will try and pass...

Modelling Knives and Badger 200 to the ready I do believe

Thanks again :bandhead2:

Lee