F-4E Phantom, Israeli AF

Hello everybody,

This is my last build - MDD F-4E Phantom early, Israeli Air Force, 201. tayeset "Ha'Ahat".

It's rebuilded Hasegawa's Japanese version F-4EJ Kai (because of "hard wing") with many aftermarket items - Aires resin cockpit, wheel bays and exhaust nozzles, Cutting Edge seamles jet intakes and Eduard photo etches.

Decals came from Isradecal, some are home made.

Duration of build - almost one year.

PICT0289.jpg

PICT0292.jpg

PICT0290.jpg

PICT0291.jpg

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0296.jpg

PICT0298.jpg

Edited by Tango

Beautiful model, I especially love the finish. The decals are perfectly merged into the rivets, the camo is fantastic... Maybe it's just a bit too glossy? I had the impression israeli Phantoms were quite dull?

Maybe it's just a bit too glossy? I had the impression israeli Phantoms were quite dull?

Nay to me; me thinks the shine is very well achieved, Tango! :thumbsup: Will ya please tell us whut kind of paint and finishing method have ya used?

Outstanding build, really.

Unc²

Yeah! A truck full of Mk.117!! Hehe...really good job, seams you spent a lot of time riveting!? ;-) A very impressive model of an early israeli F-4, and even the MER seams correct: only 5 Mk.117...because of the ground clearance (i read about it). I m sure your spooky would a candidate for winning a price in a model show! Very proper and clean built! Ah, and the rear view mirrios in the canopy? The pilot sold it second hand at the bazar? ;-)