Resizing multiple pics in Vista

I am building several kits on commission, and I have told folks that I will send them "in progress" pics. I would prefer to send them half size or smaller so that they will not be so cumbersome, but as of right now, that requires copying and resizing the original pictures and resizing them one by one. Anyone have any idea how to resize multiple pictures at once? I am using Vista and G-Mail.

Can't answer for G Mail, but here's how I do it with Windows Live Mail.

Select multiple pic files. Right click one of them, select Send to, then Mail recipient.

A dialogue box pops up showing you the pixel resolution, and (new to Windows 7) the total size in Mb of the selected files at that resolution. You can use the arrow to select different resolutions, and see the total file size changing with each selection. Once I've selected the resolution I want, I click OK and move to sending with the mail window that pops up.

I find this so useful, I sometimes send pics to myself in lower resolution, then save those versions into my folders, which gives me file size changes without having to use other software to manipulate the files.

Win 7 might have a way of resizing files, but not sure how - haven't looked yet.

ALF

Get yourself an inexpensive photo editor. Almost all of them come with a batch processor that will resize all images in a folder. I use Paint Shop Pro but any decent software will work.

Also, ALF's suggestion would work too. gmail is a fairly limited mail client. Windows Live Mail (formally known as Outlook Express) will prompt you upon attachment of images if you want to resize them or not.

thanks

David

This link takes you to a freeware clone of the popular and very handy Microsoft power toy for XP - Image re-sizer.

Once installed, simply highlight those files you want to re-size and right click over them. select the image re-size option form the right context menu and then select the size you want the images to be.

Simple and it works well.

:cheers:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike