CF-104D from Starfighters Demo team

Okay, got the awesome decals thanks to ALF, now I can really dig in. I am off to a good start but the pics are on my camera at home, I'll have the camera upload them for me then I get home. Doing the 2 seater below. Hardest part for me will be matching the color correctly and painting the white underside, I hate white paint. The cockpit is complete and installed, a few weights, and the fuselage and wings are together. Leating edge and trailing edges will go on later. Pic is from the Starfighters web site since I haven't had the pleasure of seeing these planes in person.

Chris

z5bfmtr1bh1av9pgcee7.jpg

Edited by kg4kpg

Nice subject. Can't wait to see it finished.

BTW the Starfighters dual is a CF-104D # 104632. Saw it in person last year at Titusville and it was a great show. Brought back a lot of memories.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris

Now that I'm back, you can post the pics and show us all how it's going! Got the decals and motivational pics from you - thanks for sending them!

I have to second your opinion about hating to paint white. You might try an overall coat of Tamiya white fine surface primer first - that could help you use a very thin coat of white that would have less potential for running and looking terrible.

ALF