Interesting Vac U Form machine sold in Japan

Inside the last issue of a Japanese magazine there was this ad:

macchinettavacuformgiapponese201017.jpg

The Japanese store WWW.GANNET.JP is selling this item:

vacuum.jpgat this LINK.

The price is a knock out shot (500 euro) but the device look interesting.

The name of the producer on the machine look like KEYSTONE but Google do not return me nothing.

Someone has seen this machine in others parts of the world?

The machines from Keystone and Buffalo look like the same concept, only few minor changes.

Must look if someone in Europe has these devices for sale.

Already tried this for Germany via Google, no luck so far. On the other hand - using a kitchen oven has the advantage of having more control over the heat used. At least that is my try to remind me that I already have two vacuform setups from Kingston Vacuum Works and do not need another machine which needs storage space I do not have. :whistle:

Cheers

Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten Wieking

Yeh, very good findin,' G-Mark.it, mate!

My question is directed at our Yank fellas readin' this thread; back in the early '90s there used to be a man in Wilmette, Illinois, goin' by the name of Ron Charles. This man would offer three different models of vacuum-forming machines which had the heatin' device and vacuum pump, just like the way this machine G-Mark.it has found. Only difference 'bout Ron Charles' machines were the different sizes.

I was just 10 years old when I read 'bout Ron Charles' Deluxe model on FineScale Modeller; I told my mum I wanted mine, 'n' my mum said I was outa my skull - don't remember if it was because of the price or that I wouldn't have known how to even start workin' with the machine... :whistle:

Thing is, I ne'er knew anythin' else 'bout these RC-Vac-U-Form machines; do ya know whether Ron Charles still sells his machines? I could ne'er get anythin' on the internet 'bout him or his company.

Any e-mail or link to get in touch with Mr Ron Charles available that ya know of? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Unc²

Yeh, very good findin,' G-Mark.it, mate!

back in the early '90s there used to be a man in Wilmette, Illinois, goin' by the name of Ron Charles. This man would offer three different models of vacuum-forming machines which had the heatin' device and vacuum pump, just like the way this machine G-Mark.it has found. Only difference 'bout Ron Charles' machines were the different sizes.

You speak of this:

RedVac-U-Formmachine.jpg

Found the message on it here: LINK to Forum TK 560

You speak of this:

Found the message on it here: LINK to Forum TK 560

:woot.gif:Yeh, G-Mart.it, mate! That's one of RC-Vac-U-Form machines me was tellin' ya 'bout. The bloke who posted that photo speaks to other chap who used to live in Wilmette, who says he ne'er knew 'bout these m'chines... :blink: Me would have thought Ron Charles was a known manufacturer in the hobby industry - his machines seem to me the best ones I've ever seen. Yet, no-one on this joint in the Yank side appeara to be acquainted with either Mr RC or his m'chines.

The photo ya've found is of the largest m'chines of the three sizes Ron Charles offers/ered. Whut's yer opinion 'bout RC's machines, mate?

Any Yanks out there who knows how to contact Mr RC, please? Thanks, G-Mate.it! :thumbsup: Say, are ya actually livin' in Yankeeland, by any chance?

Cheers,

Unc²

Any time you start looking at medical devices the costs soar.

When I was in the compressor biz, I approached a dental office that was shopping for a new compressor to run their office and lab. I quoted them a fair price on a unit that met their needs. The doc was skeptical and went to one of his medical suppliers and bought the same unit for significantly more than the unit I was offering. Now note the two units were made by the same company, to the same specs with the only difference being one was white with a sticker that said medical grade and the other was gray without any stickers except both had an mfr id plate.

Well he went with the more expensive one, had the suppliers recommended (out of state) contractor install it (added cost). A week or so later it failed. Seized up. The doc calls the supplier and the supplier points him towards the mfr who in turn calls us to make the warranty service call. I show up, he's upset with me that I am trying to sell him a compressor...wait doc, I'm here to do the warranty work on your new compressor you purchased from XYZ.

The unit was toast, bad bearings so I had to replace the whole unit. In an hours time I replaced it with the very same one I was trying to sell him. Part #s the same except one ends in W for white the other in G for gray. I borrowed the receptionists typewriter and a return address label and typed: MEDICAL GRADE then stuck the label on the unit. The doc was ******!!! You mean I paid $$$ more just for a different color and a sticker? That's what I tried to tell you, oh and don't forget about the installation fee...we included that in the purchase price we quoted you and we service what we sell.

So check around for a non medical supplier, you'll probably find a cheaper price.

Heh, i was reading the forums and my wife hapened to take a peak

then she goes "oh i have one of those in my lab" (she's a dentist)

now im in the process of convincing her to let me borrow it for a couple of weeks =P

@Hawkeye's Hobbies

Interesting. I always thought that the "medical grade" devices were at least produced to/with higher standards when it comes to cleanliness at the factory.

Heh, i was reading the forums and my wife hapened to take a peak

then she goes "oh i have one of those in my lab" (she's a dentist)

now im in the process of convincing her to let me borrow it for a couple of weeks =P

What - your wife is a dentist and you never ever surveyed her lab for anything usefull for scale modeling ? Unbelievable ;-)

Cheers

Thorsten

Dental and Jewelry supplies - in my opinion two areas that in some regards are pretty close to scale modelling. Why - see for yourself

RioGrande Rio Pro-Form Vac-U-Form

and the

to it

Enjoy.

If I had the money and would use it often enough (once a week?), I would try to get a 230V Version for germany. I bet the people in customs would make big eyes when I would show them how it works. - I had quite a time explaining them the vacuforming principle when I got my Mattel machine and later when I got the two tables from Kingston/Warmplastic.

Cheers

Thorsten

@Hawkeye's Hobbies

Interesting. I always thought that the "medical grade" devices were at least produced to/with higher standards when it comes to cleanliness at the factory.

What - your wife is a dentist and you never ever surveyed her lab for anything usefull for scale modeling ? Unbelievable ;-)

Cheers

Thorsten

Hehe i have toons of scribers, needles, i get gloves an resin but she wont let me tuch the expensive stuff =P

• 1 year later...