Melbourne Model Expo 2010 (Nationals)

Recently, Lorraine and I joined 7 other SMCWA members for the first organised club trip to the east coast of Australia. We flew into Sydney and drove our way down to Melbourne for the Melbourne Model Expo "Nationals".

The jounrey to Melbourne took over a week the time of which we visited many aircraft and AFV museums. A particular highlight was seeing the Tamora Spitfire VIII in flight.

At the nationals we set up a club display and entered models into the competition. Many of the entered builds were from our juniors which take up 30% of our current club membership.

As a club we all did rather well. Lori in particular taking a Gold and Bronze in her class of small scale fantasy miniatures. There was just under 15 entires in her class, so competition was pretty tough.

I entered three models in small scale AFV's and placed with two and received a highly commended for another. There were about 25 models in this class.

First place - Trumpeter 1:72 KV-1's "Ehkranami"

kv1s-ehkranami-04a.jpg

Third - Italeri 1:72 PzI AusfB

PzI-ausfb-comp.jpg

Highly Commended - Airfix 1:76 Matilda "Hedgehog"

matilda-hedgehog04a.jpg

Two of our juniors also won special awards as well. Well done to both of them!

:worship:

MikeJ

• 2 weeks later...

Mike J.

Well done on your placing and to the Juniros for a job well done..

These are lovely models I particularly like the HEDGEHOG....

They are just SO briliantly built.. :yahoo::yahoo:

any more photos ...... ?

HOLMES :coolio:

good job Johno & Lori

I've just started tonight my first ever model ship, a pretty basic 1/800 Academy Tirpitz, which even comes with an electric motor to turn the screw (and a dirty big switch that sticks out of the deck to turn it on :) ). My mate got it when we were in Bali (he's a ship fan) but will never build it, so i've got the job :huh:

Will probably put it on a base for him to display - though given his father-in-law fought with the Dutch Resistance and lives with them, that could get a bit interesting :blink:

Edited by Thommo