I wish there was a bomb set...

One really needs hundreds of those small babies....a couple of Vietnam A-7 or F-4 builds and you´ve spent up to 24 bombs in one build.

I´ve thought of casting my own....but I´d rather buy them than spend endless hours casting a gazillion bombs. I´d like to spend my precios free time building, not making bombs :whistle:

Those verlinden bombs looks promising tho....

The older Academy 1/48 F-15E "with weapons" kit came with a dozen really nice Mk. 82's, as well as a dozen nice Rockeyes. And, you get an F-15, too!

Yep, I bought myself one of these just for the weapons, and it cost less than one of the Hasegawa weapons set kits! As you say, you get a 'free' F-15 too! :lol:

Wayne

I would love to see ACCURATE Mk 82s in ANY scale. All the low drag bombs that I've seen attempt to model the Mk 82 with the MAU-93 conical fin, and sadly all are wrong--some by a little, most by a lot. None have yet attempted the modern BSU-33 fin. The Snakeyes are also inaccurate, but the Hasegawa ones aren't too awful. However, none have yet attempted the modern BSU-86 fin, and the attempts at the BSU-49 AIR fin have been lacking. Unfortunately, the same flaws generally apply to all the Mk 80 series bombs; it's just that everyone has accepted the myth of Hasegawa infallibility over the years.

There was someone who offered 1/32nd Snakeyes a while back at an “impressive†price. I’ll admit that they look good, but their price makes them unobtainable in quantity for most. When it comes to GP bombs, the real solution needs to be injection molded, not resin. Resin is great (perhaps even superior) when it comes to smart bombs, which are carried in modest quantities (most of the time). However, loading up a jet with dumb bombs gets pretty pricy when done in resin.

Edited by mrvark