Converting Hasegawa Ju 87 B2 to R2 Trop?

I am trying to build the Ju 87 R-2/Trop with the "Snake Scheme" in 1/48 scale. I have the decals but cannot find the kit and was wondering if it is possible to convert another model (i.e. a B-2) to the R-2/Trop?

I thank everyone who reads or responds in advance.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

see if you can find the Revell 1/48 Ju-87B-2 (The one with the snake desert camo box art). It is the Hasegawa kit in a Revell box. It also comes with the Snake markings in the box.

They are normally cheaper than the Hase ones also

Hope this helps

Lee

As far as I can determine, the only difference between the B-2 and R-2, at least when it comes to Hasegawa kits, is whether the wing drop tanks are included or not. The R-2 may (or may not, according to the instructions posted over at hobbysearch) use the larger, squarer supercharger intake, but that is a common part in the B/R kits.

That leaves the drop tanks, and those were probably not fitted all the time. The R was capable of carrying tanks, but it was not required to carry them AFAIK.

Buy a B-2, use the R decals on it, and it's an "R".

It's my understanding that the R-2 mod simply plumbed the wing bomb racks so that drop tank type fuel tanks could be mounted and used when necessary - simply remove the tank and bombs could be carried instead.

Hawks right!

Visually, the B-2 is incredibly similar to the R-2. The question to ask yourself though is what up armour packs the specific R-2 you want to build had on it, that'll be the major differences between the B-2 and R-2... wait one...