Happy Canada Day People!!!!!!!!!

It's a damp Canada Day here on Vancouver Island, but it's a day off work and that's cool. Gonna fire up the BBQ and make something delicious today! Enjoy!

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Eh Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

Eh Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Congrats and a wish for a most joyous celebration on Canada day to all my friends North of the border....celebrate to da MAX!!! EH!!!. :rolleyes::cheers: ;)

Edited by Angels49

Fine Scale is no more...as in done like dinner.

Sorry

Brad

Happy Canada Day everyone! :whistle:

Does anyone know where Fine Scale Models in North Vancouver has moved to? I called Martin's number but it is out of service. :P

Not to put a damper on this, but HAPPY HST DAY!!! :worship: For those of us in the provinces that have ended up implementing that new form of taxation. :P

Happy Canada day!!!

Now that I'm just across the border, I may run up to Surrey tonight for some of the celebration.

Don't cause trouble now. I hear that Surrey RCMP gets rather brutal on trouble-makers.

36236_447055050294_730735294_6425128_6530502_n.jpg

Happy Canada Day. :P

Edited by The_Animal
Happy Canada Day everyone! :worship:

Does anyone know where Fine Scale Models in North Vancouver has moved to? I called Martin's number but it is out of service. :P

If it's the shop I think you're talking about, he packed up and moved to Penticton BC. Well, at least I'll have a place to stop on my way to Kelowna.

But heck if you live in Maple Ridge you've got a Hobby Shop right next door to Mr Pets and McDonalds. I realize he doesn't sell a lot of aftermarket stuff and his stock is a bit 'all over the place' but he's handy for paints and things like that. Good deals on large scale kits too.

Edited by RiderFan
Not to put a damper on this, but HAPPY HST DAY!!! :worship: For those of us in the provinces that have ended up implementing that new form of taxation. :P

Yeah, but even that is quintessentially Canadian. Ontario's Liberal government was pressured to do it by the federal Conservatives, so we get it from both ends from both parties, just like always!

Happy Canada day and its sunny and about 21celcius here.

I saw him when he was packing up, and he said he was moving to either Penticton or Vernon, I can't remember which one and opening up his store there. He said he'll be doing mail order through his website, but I don't know his web address. HTH

Happy Canada Day from beautifully sunny, PST free Alberta! :worship:

But heck if you live in Maple Ridge you've got a Hobby Shop right next door to Mr Pets and McDonalds. I realize he doesn't sell a lot of aftermarket stuff and his stock is a bit 'all over the place' but he's handy for paints and things like that. Good deals on large scale kits too.

During our time in BC we lived in Maple Ridge for a spell and he was the closest shop but every time I went in there (mainly for paint) he made me feel like I was bothering him. So I stopped bothering him with my business.

Cheers,

Sean

Happy Canada Day from beautifully sunny, PST free Alberta! :worship:

During our time in BC we lived in Maple Ridge for a spell and he was the closest shop but every time I went in there (mainly for paint) he made me feel like I was bothering him. So I stopped bothering him with my business.

Cheers,

Sean

Yeah, he does tend to sit around with his buddies and exchange conspiracy theories about the government, but I never felt like I was bothering him. I go in, go about my business and he's always right there waiting at the till when I'm ready to go. Which is unlike some hobby shops where I've found myself waiting 20 minutes to pay because the owner is answering 1001 questions from a guy wanting to buy a $1200 RC Helicopter who clearly has never held an RC transmitter in his life and wants to know if he can bring it back to the shop for repairs if he ever crashes it (if he ever?!?).

Granted, he's also a bit slow getting new kits in. I purchased a couple of Mobieus Viper MK2's from a place in Langely almost the same week they were released. Yet the guy in Maple Ridge keeps saying that he can't get any and doesn't know when they'll be in.

But he's good for paint and glue and the occasional kit. I got a 1:32 phantom off of him for pretty dirt cheap.

To Steve, and the rest of you wonderful Canucks, have a happy Canada Day. Hal Sr

Thanks Hal....and right back at you for July 4th this Sunday.

We're having a quiet day at home and might attend the fireworks tonight if it isn't raining.

Yeah, he does tend to sit around with his buddies and exchange conspiracy theories about the government, but I never felt like I was bothering him. I go in, go about my business and he's always right there waiting at the till when I'm ready to go. Which is unlike some hobby shops where I've found myself waiting 20 minutes to pay because the owner is answering 1001 questions from a guy wanting to buy a $1200 RC Helicopter who clearly has never held an RC transmitter in his life and wants to know if he can bring it back to the shop for repairs if he ever crashes it (if he ever?!?).

Granted, he's also a bit slow getting new kits in. I purchased a couple of Mobieus Viper MK2's from a place in Langely almost the same week they were released. Yet the guy in Maple Ridge keeps saying that he can't get any and doesn't know when they'll be in.

But he's good for paint and glue and the occasional kit. I got a 1:32 phantom off of him for pretty dirt cheap.

RiderFan, where's the store in Langley. I live in Surrey, so I figured that I'd see if there's something worth lookin' at over there. Got use of my late dad's truck, so I think I might take a trip out there.

There's a shop in Langley?? My grandmother lives there, has for years. I didn't even know there was a shop. Fort Langley airport is cool though.

Tell us where the shop is dude :thumbsup:

Brad