Looks like I will be making it for all days,

I'll see you guys at 12 noon on Saturday at least.

Cheers,

-Hoops

Hoops Try and get some good photos.. ENJOY ....you will like Harald... :worship:

I can't go..the tickets were sold out ... :thumbsup:

Hoops Try and get some good photos.. ENJOY ....you will like Harald... :whistle:

I can't go..the tickets were sold out ... :crying2:

Holmes,

To bad you can't go..

Next time buy tickets well ahead of everyone else here....

Harald

I just hope the raisn will stop..

Here's a pic of today...

http://yfrog.com/jyejgj

see ya'll at noon on saturday...

Harald

I ummed and ahhd about whether to go today (I live about 10 miles away) - but one look outside at the weather and I decided to stay home.

I'll be there on Friday though - and Saturday, possibly Sunday and definitely Monday !!! (I have a Mach 2 4-day ticket).

See you all at noon on Saturday.....

Ken

We'll be leaving in an hour from now..

See you all there ...

Harald

Harald, Bring some galoshes as the rains are heavy still and WE keep having Thnderstorms and it is predicted that it will be raining this week end...

not to dampen your spirits but come prepared... :whistle:

Have FUN and good tril to you both

HOLMES.

p.s yes next time I will but the tickets in advance... :monkeydance:

It was gorgeous. I have sun burn, the F-22 did the most wonderful thing of pootling down the runway and then, bang, straight vertical like a loon. Accompanied by a seriously addictive noise, which incidentally is mirrored by the ancient but great F-16's and our very own Tornados. (Which all seem to sport oil stains on the vertical tails - aren't there fitters about?) The F-22 pilot also did some very very polished stuff which looked on the very edge of control but simultaneously perfectly done (if you get the contradiction.)

We had the Lanc doing it's inimitable thing - long may this continue, 558 bringing tears to eyes and some very impressive B-52 performance.

Several excellent display teams (I single out the inspired and elegant Patrouille de France guys) However it is apparent the boys in the red Hawks have been practicing and....they really are scarily good.

Airfix were showing a dribble-worthy 48th Sea Vixen and - they are way cool, these people - running next gen workshops for kids. More power to their corporate elbow, they rock.

The BoB side was catered to by the smart idea of spraying Tucanos in earth/dark green which meant you didn't get heart failure when the ops were hooning 'em. And Smart Cars for that matter :thumbsup: However, there were more than enough real Spits and Hurricanes to delight (and they did.) Plus a 108, a Hispano Messerschmitt and...the real flipping deal itself (a G2/G4, I was quite pleased, bit of taste there.)

The excellent show ended for me with a Eurofighter closely following a Spit around the field. I guess the old meets the new. Nicely done.

I shot 500-odd pics and even if they're good (unlikely) they'll take a while to load and crop. So just a verbal for now - if you're thinking of going tomorrow I suggest it may be worth it. I was quite chuffed as the friend I'd invited had flown two of the aircraft (as in: those specific aircraft) on display. He got all misty about it and the day was complete...

Patrick

I was there - and went to the Information centre at noon as arranged...........

The only person I met was Hoops - we had a nice chat, stayed until 12:20 and Hoops had to get back to his P-3.

Where were you all ?????

Great show BTW - Raptor was great - but was spoiled for me (and most of us I suspect) by the totally over-the-top commentary.

"AND now, ladeees and gentlemen THE F-22 Raptor THEE most powerful fighter in the world..... capable of WORLD DOMINANCE by just starting its engines...."

That sort of thing might go down well in the US - but for us Europeans, it just grates...........

The tail slide was good though. :monkeydance:

Ken

PS - When the Flankers were doing most of what the F-22 does now - but twenty years ago - it was dismissed as purely airshow stunts, having no place in air combat.

But now that the Raptor can do it...... it is suddenly something to behold.

I'll get my coat.... :coolio:

Edited by Flankerman
Great show BTW - Raptor was great - but was spoiled for me (and most of us I suspect) by the totally over-the-top commentary.

Eh? Were people expected to listen to that? I thought it was just to add challenge to the task of locating your loved ones by mobile phone (I'm by the WHITE PLANE, dear...)

"AND now, ladeees and gentlemen THE F-22 Raptor THEE most powerful fighter in the world..... capable of WORLD DOMINANCE by just starting its engines...."

That sort of thing might go down well in the US - but for us Europeans, it just grates...........

The tail slide was good though. :)

Ken

PS - When the Flankers were doing most of what the F-22 does now - but twenty years ago - it was dismissed as purely airshow stunts, having no place in air combat.

I'll get my coat.... :(

Damn straight, too long ago I guess for many to remember........perhaps.

Thought it was great show, static in a long line goes back a few years and good memories too, so does the traffic management too though, bad memories this time, terrible on red route, even walking off the field had people queues!!

Pity the poor people waiting for bus to Swindon at 7 when the bus service was supposed to finish at 7.30 and there was still bus loads to pick up.

The only person I met was Hoops - we had a nice chat, stayed until 12:20 and Hoops had to get back to his P-3.

Where were you all ?????

The tail slide was good though. :whistle:

Ken

I'll get my coat.... :whistle:

HEAR !! HEAR !!!

I jus lose all interest and walk away..I have done in the past when I have gone, or simply SWITCH OFF...Grrrrrrrrr...

IThe tail slide was good though. :thumbsup:

Ken

I'll get my coat.... :monkeydance:

The tail slide is a useless airshow maneuver and is only for entertainment.

I have seen what a Raptor can do first-hand during DACT. The Flanker is nothing more than a 4th generation fighter which has never had any of the capabilties that the F-22 has. You can't fight what you can't see, I looked all over the radar screen in our Hornets to spot a F-22.

I could probably take a Su-27 out with a slingshot when it does the Cobra.

Edited by Scooby

Think what Ken is getting at is when the Flanker was doing similar moves years ago it was dismissed, now the F-22 is doing it, its suddenly the "in-thing"

All showmanship I agree though :worship:

Edited by Steve Zodiac

Well, this was the last RIAT I attended for a while . This is the x-th year in a row that the quality of the show declines .

Sure we had the Raptor, but it was not that special . Should a F-16 have flown that presentation everybody would have bad comments on the show .

No special paints, a small static - though the choppers were something of a nice change .

And the heritage flight had been done at Biggin' Hill too . So it doesn't make RIAT any more special . And the BoB memorial was a plain joke . Compared to what The Fighter Collection achieves at Duxford ...

Apart from the price of the tickets, there's nothing special about RIAT anymore .

Stef

Where were you all ?????

Ken,

I think there might have been some other folks around there, we were just the only ones who recognized eachother. Maybe a sign would have helped? It was still nice to say "Hi" and have a chat for a bit.

We'll see if I make it to Telford again this year...

-Hoops

Ken,

I think there might have been some other folks around there, we were just the only ones who recognized eachother. Maybe a sign would have helped? It was still nice to say "Hi" and have a chat for a bit.

We'll see if I make it to Telford again this year...

-Hoops

Hi Hoops,

I took some photos of your P-3 - in the static and departing on Monday.

Shout if you would like copies.....

Nice to meet you.

Ken

Hoops, Ken ,Harald, et al....

Hoops hope you had a great time ....

I was hoping that you all had a good day....glad that some of you got together....

Did you guys get any photos of any of Jets that were static or in flight...I have not seen any on THIS thread...

HOLMES :thumbsup: :unsure: