Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Making progress on kit #2 for a F-15E pilot that flew the plane.

Thanks to kg4kpg for selling me the kit & starting on the cockpit which helped speed up things. I added Mike Grant decals on a few of the instruments.

T-34C-DJ-01.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Added canopy frame work, much needed. I will have to paint the canopy frame a little wide to cover the areas where the glue/plastic shifted & left residue. I tried polishing it out with no luck. Also considered opening the canopy as a second option. The canopy & aft fuselage did not fit well so I added some Tamiya epoxt and filler to get them to match.

Note I added a couple of wing spars to help prevent the wing from breaking off. Not sure if this will help but I do not like the wing attach, looks very weak.

T-34C-DJ-02.jpg

T-34C-DJ-03.jpg

T-34C-DJ-04.jpg

Edited by drhornii
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Very nice, looking good, particularly in that paint scheme.

I'm considering a purchase of this kit - would you recommend it? Any pitfalls, other than already noted, to watch out for? TIA,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Very nice, looking good, particularly in that paint scheme.

I'm considering a purchase of this kit - would you recommend it? Any pitfalls, other than already noted, to watch out for? TIA,

Typical limited run kit from Sword.

1. No fuselage alignment pins, rudder elevator & wings do not have a tab that would go in fuselage which makes it a weak spot after built (snapped an elevator off once). I added a set of pins in the wing to avoid that issue as shown in earlier photos.

2. Re-check vacuuform canopy fit many times.....

3. MIP locations seem off and pilot glareshield seems small and does not overhand instrument panel.

4. Needs much more nose weight than specified, will find out if I have enough soon......

5. Does not make a clear part for wing tip lights, wish there was a clear cast part for that......

Did I miss anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites

All finished....better late than never.

T-34C-01-1.jpg

T-34C-04.jpg

T-34C-02.jpg

T-34C-06.jpg

Had to scribe the inboard main gear doors, very little detail.

I also had to add a better drag link on the nose gear, the kit one went nowhere.

T-34C-05.jpg

Edited by drhornii
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good work! Congratulations.

I´m doing the same model but the Argentinian version. Is not an easy kit at all.

I also use Mike Grant decals to the panel!

t341.jpg

At this time I´m finishing the cockpit.

mg4258.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahh...and don't forget to tell us how much nose weight you have used!

The nose is cram packed full of lead and it barely sits on the nose wheel. B-1 Nut on ARC passed a tip on to me (too late for this build) on using Tungsten which is 75% denser than lead and some hobby shops carry it in the "pine car derby" section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...