1/72 F-15E update set........

Been waiting on an F-15E update set for a couple years with about three companies talking about their kit being "right around the corner"....So any news/updates? We were talking all 8 pylons (CFT and long) gun fairing, small intakes....al the 15E goodies. so yeah where is it cuz I need about four of them! And I'm sure others want/need it just as much! :wave:

Amen to that. One of the great mysteries of 1/72 scale, not a decent F-15E in sight, and a handful of promises on updates. How hard can it be? Wolfpack Resins has done everything but the F-15E that it announced years ago. I have the Isracast set but was waiting for something a tad better. I didnt like the fit of the conformal packs...

OK let's form a mob and see what happens!!

We just got some seamless intakes so the update would be really handy right now.

Im in!!! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!! I too find it funny that there hasnt been a good F-15E set released. All the threads and wast there the "perfect ist" floating round!? All the pylons and a few smaller pieces!?

Whos going to do it cuz I want a few as well. You guys quit fartin around with low demand projects and put out a set a bunch of people want.....like an F-15E set!!!

Ive emailed wolfpack with no response. This was quite a while ago though. Maybe someone else could try their luck? I like the wolfpack sets and would really like to see the 15E set come out but its been on the site for over a year........

There's a rather nice thread on a possible set by DrPepper >>HERE<<.

Waiting for a couple of sets myself. Can't believe a major manufacturer hasn't taken it up to tool a completely new kit on this one either.

I talked to a Revell representative at some model expo and asked him about a scale-down of their 1/48 F-15E to 1/72 and he said it's a "possibility". :D Nothing more than that, though.

Would love to see a scale-down of Revell's F-15E to 1/72. I think it's more "needed" than the F/A-18F in 1/72 that will come sooner or later. Would it sell better? No clue. And since Revell doesn't really churn them out in every possible livery like Hasegawa does, I don't know whether they would sell more of the "boring grey" Mudhen than of the more colourful Rhinos.

Wow,

The same here. I had a dream Revell would downscale their 1/48th scale F-15E (and Rafale) to 1/72nd scale. I don't care anymore for the Rafale as HB did the job quite correctly. The F-15E still stands.

When Hasegawa upgraded their F-16C to F-16 CJ and F-16G (block 40/52) addying a few new tool plastic sprues I thought it was a logical move they'd add a few newer parts to their F-15E boxing. Not so many parts are needed actually (gun load fairing, CFT pylons, bulged wheel bay doors and a few bits). Incredibly that never happened.

I built one from a Hasegawa kit + salvaged Airfix parts. I am still waiting for aftermarked goodies but I can't get it no major company issued an accurate model of such a prominent machine - either in new tool or upgraded kit form.

Cheers

Eric B.

Wolfpacks F-15E set is near the top of the list but keeps getting skipped and new products added before it. Also, we dont even know if it will be a comprehensive kit, all it says is OIF update. Id hope it is but you never know.

:worship::shoot: ;)

Apropos of nothing, I finally found the references that had gone MIA, and am currently starting on the scale drawings to work from.

Maybe a month? Maybe two? I'll probably post some progress pics in the Twomikes forum if there's enough interest, but in the mean time, if any Beagle experts want to PM me with references or items to include to make sure it's a comprehensive conversion, consider this an open call.