1/35 PACV - Patrol Air Cushion Vehicle

Whoa {~cue Twilight Zone music~}.......that's kinda spooky...I was only thinking a couple of days ago why does no model company make hovercraft models :blink:

That is just superb blackheart. Marvellous scratch-building. I'd have thought you'd built an injection molded kit if you had n't said! :yahoo:

Thanks for posting the photos. :thumbsup:

Did you do a work in progress thread anywhere? I'd like to see how you went about constructing the various structures.

:D

Scratch build PACV - Patrol Air Cushion Vehicle 1/35 scale with Tamiya Pibber gun turret..enjoy guys

I enjoyed it quite a bit! Very nicely done model of a very interesting, unique subject.

Thanks for posting,

John

The PACV looks great. Good job on it.

Whoa {~cue Twilight Zone music~}.......that's kinda spooky...I was only thinking a couple of days ago why does no model company make hovercraft models

There is a model of one available in resin by Masterpiece Models.

http://www.masterpiecemodels.com/index.php...=3&Itemid=6

:thumbsup: Thanks guys..

Here's the detail

- The PACV bild from a few brands of sheet styrene

- The turret from Tamiya Pibber with Eduard PE

- The guns from Academy US Machine Gun Set

- The sliding side and front window/mirror from cheap plastic card

- The prop is from leftover 1/32 scale parts

- Masterpiece Models sell this kit in 1/35 scale ( resin ) but for me it's a bit expensive..so I think why not build 1..I build this kit +- 1 month..a lot of try and error to get the shape wright..although it's not 100% accurate but as a beginner like me I'm satisfied with it.

- The deflated cusion made from tissue and masking tape

- Marking..well..I'm still working on it..ant still minor weathering had to be done

- A few things that you cannot see inside such as..drivers/pilots instrument, seats and crew seats.

Thanks for all the comment and support

Edited by blackheart