Two Mikes..

You better go ahead with that jerk!

He got me on Spruemonster for about 300$

Got one that I try to fix via Paypal ressource (last deal that I made with him)

The other one (first deal) he correspnded with me till the last 45 days of paypal warranty...after that no more communication..trying anyway to resolve it via paypal ressource!

Hope you can resolve your problem with that jerk too!

Well Dean it has been two months to the day now and here I am out my cash and no kits. I have contacted your local authorities and they will let me know what they can do. I have also contacted the US Post office and reported you for mail fraud. Seventy Three bucks may not seem like a lot of cash but you know what Dean, I worked hard for that money and I put my trust in YOU to come through. All you had to do was refund my money or send my kits. Not a big deal either way. The worst part about this is that you have caused me to second guess every purchase I make from people here. In my 13 years of trading on the Internet you are now only the second person to burn me. I have ALWAYS done my best to hold up my end of a deal and if for any reason I couldn't, I would always contact the person I was selling to/trading with/buying from and explained the situation. YOU can't even give me that courtesy. I hope you did something worthwhile with my cash.

I hope everyone else is VERY careful when dealing with this deadbeat. Those of you that know me hopefully realize that I don't normally act like this and usually just sweep things under the rug but this time, being out and out ignored and stolen from is just a bit too much for me to take.

Thanks for nothing Jerk!

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been (apparently) ripped off, you are one of the good guys in my book and that makes this doubly tough. Hopefully the authorities will be able to offer some help and if not maybe the jerk will just get what is coming to him in another way, shape or form. All the best my friend and remember most of us are honest and well-meaning, but the few jerks sure make it tough on the rest of us.

Rick

Whoa, I just put it together when someone mentioned Spruemonster.

He contacted me via spruemonster about purchasing one of my kits. The odd thing was it was just an email...he didn't go through the official "buy" option of spruemonster as the other deals have. I gave him a shipping quote and he said yeah, lets do it. I asked him to make sure he added the kit to his shopping cart on the site so I could have the sale logged. And that was the last I heard from him....that was about 2 months ago.

I always thought that was pretty weird that it didn't come through the official sprue monster shopping cart and then he bugged out as soon as I mentioned going through the actual process. Now that I hear he is ripping people off......it makes sense. He didn't want any record of the rip off.

Hey Twomikes

If you need help to coroborate your action against that jerk...you can give the authorities my name and address (can contact me by personnal e-mail)....would gladly help you.That jerk got me for 300$

Can also send them all my e-mails about my transactions with that guy..including my paypal action to get my money back

So..I am 100% with your action.

:thumbsup:

Why is this guy still allowed to post on here, with all of the rip offs so far??? I too have been waiting quite some time for 2 kits.....!!!! I also have his business card I hope he sends my two kits SOON!!!

if it helps.....

dean lehr's email address is....

tamiyafan@hotmail.com

I also have a phone number, but won't post it. PM me if you need it

Guys,

I did a sale with Dean back in early June - he paid and I provided the kit, but I'm interested to know what PayPal address is he using now, and where are the kits supposedly shipping from? As I have a completely different PayPal address than what's shown above, and the address is for somebody that's not Dean.

Just wondering if we have more data that we can throw at this to help ferret this guy out.

I know I've had delivery problems in the past (but always fulfilled), but this guy really does seem to have taken the money and run, and without any contact for any of the myriad of folks here that have been taken advantage of, he truly is the definition of a bad trader.

Almost took the bait myself on some big Super Hornets, now I'm sure glad I didn't.

Paul

Here is a screen copy from my Paypal to Dean. Sent to Liz Santos? Veteransmodels@live.com Notice the date.

Sent to:

Liz Santos

Email:

veteransmodels@live.com

Amount sent:

-$73.50 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

-$73.50 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:

May 20, 2010

Time:

16:12:53 PDT

Completed

Yep, that is the paypal address he gave me as well. I was one of the lucky ones that got my package (after a screw-up by the USPS, where they shipped it to three different cities in WA) but that was indeed the address and name he gave me. I'll have to look and see if I still have the box it came in...I may have a street address for him too.

Aaron

I sent him over $300 in $US CASH YES CASH and got both my orders if he was going to rip anyone off it should have been me.

Mike sorry for your troubles a friend up here hasn't seen his stuff either.

Don

All,

The money that I paid to Dean went to the email/PayPal address that Mike has outlined above. After sending a PayPal bill requesting payment of the amount I paid him plus the value of the kits that I sent him last Thursday, Dean did respond via email using the email address that PNW has provided above also. The shipping address that I sent his kits to was in Somerville, South Carolina. Probably one of the reasons that I did get a response from Dean was that when you send a “bill†requesting payment, PayPal has a neat little button called a “reminder†button on the PayPal account. I sent Dean a reminder every day after I sent him the bill and it took three days for him to respond. His response about my kits that was supposed to be sent was that he had screwed up the address and had dropped the package in a Fed-Ex box and it took time for Fed-Ex to even find the package. When the package was found it was in a warehouse in Chicago. As to how a package mailed in South Carolina destined for Alabama wound up in Chicago, I will never know. Anyway Dean told me that the package was being returned to him and that he would issue a refund as soon as he got the kits back. I don’t know what returning my money has to do with the kits being returned to him, but what ever. His next email said that he would send me a refund sometime after the first of the month. Instead of just paying the PayPal “billâ€, he said that he would be sending me a cashier’s check. Well that is the only update that I can report as far as my dealings with Dean. I can punch holes into everything that Dean told me in those emails, but for the time being he has bought a little time with me. But I am not going to hold my breath,

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Ken,

I HOPE it works out for you my friend. At least he is in contact with you. I have become persona non grata. I do have a message on my phone from that area code and I assume it is from the local authorities. Maybe it is good news but so far in this deal, that has not been a very popular term.

The different name on the Paypal account would have been a bg red flag for me.

Normally it would be for me as well Ken but you know, after years of good trades on ARC and elsewhere, I guess I took for granted that he was on the up and up. Once bitten, Twice shy now.

Cheers

Mike

hi Mike,

sorry to hear about your trouble. I too am waiting for my kits, and I received a message from Dean last Saturday that all backorder has been shipped on Jul 16 and 17. I'm waiting till end of next week to see if I received my kits before giving up on him completely. Since I paid Dean by check there is nothing much I can do about it

The last e-mail I got from him..

Was the 8th of July...telling me that he will check on my package tracking number..after a month of waiting!!!

Worked deal with him by Spruemonster....paid via Paypal to veteransmodel...

Nothing yet....asked Paypal for return...but the first deal was over 45 days (he was in contact with me in that time)..the other deal is in Paypal hand.

No hope I think....

300$ in the drain!

Well I did defend him, It's been more than a month...... got the kit I wanted from an alternate source so I've logged for a refund through PayPal.

I'm on the list of being burned..... told me in the last PM that he over extended himself on the kit that I bought...... Maybe I'm bad in math but if you have 4 kits and 5 people want to buy you tell one buyer you have no more kits and don't take the money. Or if you have no kits don't advertise that you have them.

Took your word based on some good transactions with friends I trust.

If you have sent the kit it will be returned.

Emil