After sitting this one aside for a few weeks I've looped back around. My idea to combine the kit's IP with the resin cockpit seems like it will work! This is nice since the kit IP is a much better representation. Some careful trimming and it looks like it should work.

KitIPfit1.jpg

Not much else to report. The wings are built and some other small sub-assemblies are ready for the fuselage to be joined front to rear. It should proceed quickly from here!

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm baaaaack!

After a brief hiatus I've got some progress to show.

The front and rear sections of the fuselage are now together. The addition of all the resin made closing up the front section a bit tricky but nothing too bad. In fact I'd have to say that this Aires set is about as close to a drop-in fit as you're likely going to find in the aftermarket. My thumb-to-finger ratio on the other hand (9 thumbs, one finger) adds to the difficulty factor of any build.

Fuse1.jpg

Fuse2.jpg

Fuse3.jpg

A bit of sanding to do but nothing major. Things will accelerate nicely from here!