I made a start on this the other day and then realised I could do it for this GB

This is an old kit, I would say 70's, and typical of the time. There is virtually no detail inside at all, I had to make the instrument pannel, and the bulkheads for the cockpit. As the seats are so poor I will put pilots on them.

T-1A1.jpg

T-1A2.jpg

Julien

This is spooky. Just 3 mins before I even saw this thread I was looking at my stash & my eyes were drawn to a more recent boxing of the same Hasegawa kit & I just started thinking how beautiful & under-appreciated the Fuji T-1 was. Then I sit down in front of my computer and I see your build report. I must be psychic or something :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing your build, Julien :bandhead2:

I quite like these under appriciated jet, this is an old old boxing, and needs a bit of work.

I also have this boxing;

83094_0.jpg

Its a double kit in there, and given Hasegawas recent price hikes was not cheap, but when I saw it I just had to part with my cash.

Julien

I also have this boxing;

83094_0.jpg

Yup, that's the very kit in my stash that I was staring at before I saw your post. :D

Also have this boxing. Excellent Cartograf decals:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG00761

While browsing HLJ for the above link, I came across this book:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BUNFA114

Looks good & the price is nice. So I put in an order.

I've always wondered why Platz or any other Japanese company doesn't come up with aftermarket parts for this bird. Decent seats at the very least.

• 2 months later...

Is now finished.

I really did enjoy this build, considering its age the kit goes together with no problems, hardly any filler needed at all.

Only problem was when I painted both tanks exactly the same, shame as they are handed ;)

T-1A4.jpg

T-1A5.jpg

Julien