Revell 1/25 Kenworth W900

After finishing my Peterbilt 359 and the Superbee, I started on this. It's going well at the moment. But, as with

the 359, the wheels were a pain in the butt to assemble.

012-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

009-6.jpg

008-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

I'm working on the fuel tanks right now. I'll post some more pics up shortly.

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan

I'm still working on it. I'm trying a new method for the fuel tank straps. I have them painted gloss black and I am trying some metal flashing tape for the straps. I'll post a pics sometime today to show what I mean.

RYAN.

BTW- good to hear from you, HOLMES!

I'm still working on it. I'm trying a new method for the fuel tank straps. I have them painted gloss black and I am trying some metal flashing tape for the straps. I'll post a pics sometime today to show what I mean.

RYAN.

BTW- good to hear from you, HOLMES!

Look forward to that RYAN :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Bumping this one back to the front. Sorry, Holmes that it took me so long to post new pictures. On a good note, I bought a new camera and I'm asking myself why I didn't do this earlier! So, on to the model. It's not a major update, but I am making progress. I just stripped off the black base coat for the fifth time. I can't seem to get a good finish.

I may just paint it in another color.

The new camera.

011-6.jpg

On to the model.

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007-10.jpg

006-11.jpg

005-11.jpg

And, here is the body before I stripped it. I used flat black paint and was going to gloss coat it. But, the paint turned out rougher than I anticipated. Serves me right, I guess for using flat black paint :thumbsup:

004-11.jpg

This is it for now. Thanks for looking and comments and critiques are welcome.

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan

Nice camera, Ryan ...

Your model reminds me of when I was younger and use to build a tractor/trailer models ...

I was inspired by the tv shows, Movin' On and B.J. & The Bear

Nice work so far ... Just use the flat black as a primer coat and sand, etc then paint a gloss over color over ...

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, HOLMES! What did you do-go down the entire page?!?!? <_< Not much has been done. My desk is a complete mess

right now. Plus, I need to order more supplies. I'm going to try a new gloss cote from Model Master called "wet look".

I'll let you know how it goes.

RYAN.

• 3 weeks later...