Congrats to Spain for winning the World Cup

As neutral observer, thought the ref was too fast on the whistle many times. Tempo of the "beautiful game" suffered.

Enjoyed the semi-final matches more.

FOR 2014, I hope FIFA needs to do something about these players that dive and roll around at the slightest touch. We need tape reviews by officials post-game and suspensions for diving players. Also post-game reviews of yellow cards to take away undeserved cards so players can play.

I think the outcome was the right one. If Spain HAD lost after spending all that money to make a talented team like that (after so many World Cups where they came up short), the Spaniards likely would have been screaming bloody murder afterwards. They would have been the World Cup equivalents of the Buffalo Bills in the NFL (HOW many times did they go to the Superbowl and lose?)

That isn't discounting the Dutch though as they went further then I think even THEY expected and if they can maintain this level in four years, they will do quite well.

I thought it was an entertaining game. Spain deserved the win. And strangely enuough, I thought the referee did a pretty good job on a potentially "explosive" game. He showed discretion at the appropriate times and allowed the game to progress naturally.

Alvin5182

Congrats to the spanish team. It was not a great game, and the dutch can be happy that the referee didnt sent mor than one plaayer off and not so early. Maybe the Dutch team should make a new carreer in the NFL. The referee did under these circumstances an exxcellent job, no critics for him and many refs should learn from him to make a btter job in the future

Don´worry next time the ducth players can participate in the next olympics as Karate team (it´s a joke...)
It was not a great game, and the dutch can be happy that the referee didnt sent mor than one plaayer off and not so early. Maybe the Dutch team should make a new carreer in the NFL. The referee did under these circumstances an exxcellent job, no critics for him and many refs should learn from him to make a btter job in the future

Maybe next time we should have two seperate World Championships: one for the manly teams, and one for the wimps. :taunt:

I wonder when the referee will travel to Spain to inspect his new holiday cottage......Oops, did I say that out loud?

Edited by pollie
Maybe next time we should have two seperate World Championships: one for the manly teams, and one for the wimps. :taunt:

I wonder when the referee will travel to Spain to inspect his new holiday cottage......Oops, did I say that out loud?

Did you see the same match as i ? Only one thing: Holland the team with more yellow cards in all the 2010 world cup (23 yellow cards in only 7 matchs!!! and 1 red; 9 yellows and 1 red in the Final!!!). Spains obtain the "Far play" team of the 2010 world cup.

So we don´t have to buy a referee ...

9 yellows and 1 red in the Final!!!)

So we don´t have to buy a referee ...

Uhhhm.....it´s the referee who ´issues´ those cards.......

And it´s no secret a lot of British people like the Spanish sun :taunt:

Uhhhm.....it´s the referee who ´issues´ those cards.......

And it´s no secret a lot of British people like the Spanish sun <_<

A lot of British people like the Dutch.

But you are doing your best to change that....... :whistle:

Ken

A lot of British people like the Dutch.

Well, I know one with a whistle that doesn't........ <_<

I was just kidding, guys, don't take it all too seriously! After all, it's just a game :whistle:

Atleast it was a country that never won before. I like the underdogs. Would have been extremely ****** if Brazil had won this one and the next one is going to be hosted in Brazil and I'm pretty sure they'll win that one anyway and it would have been most enraging for them to win back to back.

It was like the Dutch just forgot how to play and decided to knock people over instead. That kick against Xabi Alonso was bad and the dutch were lucky to not get a red on that one.

And you can whine about the Ref all you want folks, he can't kick the ball in for Robben on those break aways... The Dutch could have won this game they had lots of chances of in regulation. Cry about the ref all you want, but you have to execute.

I love watching the Dutch if only for Van Bommel. This guy is like a yellow card waiting to happen. he fouls after the ball is kicked so often he has made it a lifestyle. He would be late to his own funeral.