I got my 72nd Kinetic Sufa today.....

....so cannot say if there are any huge problems. The kit looks really good and I will later make some comparisons to other 72nd kits. There was a little damage to some parts, one half of one targeting pod has minor damage (bent??) and another part has broken but cannot determine which it is. Pretty damn good considering it flew from Hong Kong to eastern Canada. It has all the static wires molded in place and none are broken although 3 were bent a bit, a lot of the ones in my Revell kits were broken off!!! I took my cutter to the sprues and got it into and old Hasegawa 72nd 104 box from the Italeri style box it is in.

Stay tuned.....

Interesting..got mine just a day or day ago also along with a F-100D which, in the box, looks superior to the Hasagawa and ESCI offerings. I love the leading edge slats down molded on. The brackets look a bit heavy but most of that will be covered up by the slat itself. I'll trade that off for the silly things not to be broken off 5 times during construction. I also like that they included the "folded" nose probe and the tail hook which was a later mod. Why cant trumpeter mold bombs correctly??? How hard is it to do a couple of 500 snakes which was the standard load out, along with napalm cannisters. Old Hasagawa weapons sets come to the aid of modern kit releases.

Lots of complaints about the nose drooping too much from the larger scale guys. I dont notice that on the 1/72 scale release. However, I do have some Wolfpack resin F-16 nose upgrades for the Academy kit..I am going to check those out against the Kinetic nose. If necessary, it would be a easy upgrade.

I compared the kit to the Revell 16 last nite and using the old Mk 1 eyeball it looks really good! Laying fuse parts over fuse parts and everything lined up bang on I could perceive no differences. So with all the fuss about the nose I grabbed the Revell part and compared, again with the old eyeball, and I could see some minor diffs here but nothing more than about a mm. It looks like Kinetic listened and fixed the problems, now to get building this little gem!!

I compared the kit to the Revell 16 last nite and using the old Mk 1 eyeball it looks really good! Laying fuse parts over fuse parts and everything lined up bang on I could perceive no differences. So with all the fuss about the nose I grabbed the Revell part and compared, again with the old eyeball, and I could see some minor diffs here but nothing more than about a mm. It looks like Kinetic listened and fixed the problems, now to get building this little gem!!

One test that might be worth checking would be to compare the Kinetic CFTs with the Revell kit to see if they fit, as well as any other parts (intake, exhaust, canopy, etc.). How are the weapons, for that matter?

<....> How are the weapons, for that matter?

The weapons are exactly the same as in Skunkmodel's Israeli set. See >>HERE<< for an in-box review. Only instead of getting everything four times, the Kinetic F-16I has all the weapons and pods included twice.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

What do you mean, Stef, the Sufa kit only has two wheels?

I bought two kits and both are missing one of the MLG wheels and one is missing one of the nose bumps . Guess it must have happened during packing as I also found lose parts in the box while the plastic bag seemed intact and they were indeed missing in the bag .

Not a total disaster, but quite surprising these days . I'd still buy them and prefer them over the Hasegawa F-16 .

Stef

I bought two kits and both are missing one of the MLG wheels and one is missing one of the nose bumps . Guess it must have happened during packing as I also found lose parts in the box while the plastic bag seemed intact and they were indeed missing in the bag .

Not a total disaster, but quite surprising these days . I'd still buy them and prefer them over the Hasegawa F-16 .

Hmmmm....that doesn´t sound too good. I hate it when that happens, and you have to go and beg for replacement parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...