Yet another Kinetic F-16AM

0871876.jpg

I started the Kinetic's 1/48 AM Viper with the Syhart Decals to represent the aircraft on the photo above. The Tigermeet 2005 of the Belgian Air Force 31 "Tiger" Squadron.

The kinetic kit represents almost perfect the shape of the real plane (except from the nose) but it also has serious fitting problems. I will need a lot of putty to fill the gaps but.... "patience is a key of success"! :whistle:

For the cockpit i used the F-16AM S.A. Eduard's set, and the ejection seat is borrowed from a Tamiya Block 50 Viper. The seat's pillow is from real black cushion which i cut to fit in the seat's dimensions. The other details (seatbelts, rbf tag, handles) are from the Eduard zoom set. You can see the result on the photos below.

f16am4.jpg

f16am5.jpg

The cockpit also fitted with the eduard p.e. goodies.

f16am2.jpg

f16am3.jpg

And some photos with the seat in place...

f16am.jpg

f16am1.jpg

So...comeback to modelling 1 year + ago... hope i 'll finish it! :woo:

Cheers

Panos

Edited by F-16rhs

Looking good there! I have also got the Eduard PE goodies for my BM build, have built one Kinetic AM and now buliding two BM I have another AM to build later this year... Will follow this with interest!

Finn-Ove

Looking really nice.

Can you provide me any information about the kit quality as I'm really interested to buy one or two to me.

Thanks

Thanks Icarus...

About the kit...

Goodies:

-Full set of decals (stencils etc), Choice for 4 Air Forces Planes Netherlands,Denmark,Holland,Norwegian)

-Extreme amount of weapons systems (Amraams, Heaters, Laser Pods, Penguin Missiles, CBUs, and smart bomb series ,GBU,JDAM)

-No extra parts needed (IFF Antennas, Jammer Antennas, and all external details for a correct F-16AM are included)

Bad isssues

-Serious fitting problems. In almost all connections you will need putty to fill the gaps

-Wrong nose (HERE the user "ch9862" tells exactly how to fix it)

Compare them and make your choice!

:crying2:

Looking good there! I have also got the Eduard PE goodies for my BM build, have built one Kinetic AM and now buliding two BM I have another AM to build later this year... Will follow this with interest!

Finn-Ove

Thanks m8! Looking forward to see your Viper also...!

Edited by F-16rhs

Thanks for your kind comments gents!

A little work on the Wheel Bays section.

The Eduard set applied to the Main landing gear bay and after that i primered the whole area with the hycote's spray primer.

f16am6.jpg

After that i sprayed the gloss white colour on the bay area.

The wheel bay had a "wash" with dark gray oil. With a small brush i paint the details.

The battery of the aircraft is the one with the orange colour.The blue hydraulic lines are the flex tubes that feeding the landing gear's doors actuators.

The black colour are the wirings and with the silver is the Halon tank and some other hyd lines.

f16am9.jpg

f16am8.jpg

f16am7.jpg

Thanks for watching, hope you like it!

Panos

Edited by F-16rhs
  • 2 months later...

Not a very interesting progress but the model started to seem like a plane... :whistle:

The Upper Surface

f16am10.jpg

and the lower one...

f16am14.jpg

I used a lot of putty to fill the gaps that the Kinetic F-16 had.

Note the fixed nose on the model. (The kit's one is "hanged" down...")

From Coffee's aluminium cap i scratched the Wing's Strengnething Plates.(Falcon UP structural Upgrade)

f16am13.jpg

And i apply them after scribing and bolting...

...so in the L/H Wing

f16am12.jpg

as far as in the R/H Wing.

f16am11.jpg

Here are the Strengnething plates position in a Block 25, but there are the same as in a Block 15 MLU. (Source: Afterburner Decals)

F-16FUP.jpg

Next step is the exchast's painting...

Thanks for watching, :whistle:

Panos

Update here with the exchast of the F100-PW220 Engine.

Here are all the parts painted except from the flame holder of the Afterburner

f16am19.jpg

The engine's Turbine. Painted silver with citadel and with black pastel to replicate the high temperature that blades are operating.

f16am15.jpg

The exchast pipe is painted with the Humbrol Matt 28 (Camouflage Gray) which is a colour that matches a lot to the real one exchast.

f16am16.jpg

After that with black pastel i made the burner's heated areas.

The last part of the engine before the exhast nozzle (Ring) is painted with citadel's silver and after that i put the Tamiya's weathering dusts to seem like burnt blue, as in the real engine.

f16am17.jpg

Last but not least the convergent part of the PW200 Engine, also painted with the matt 28 inside and with black pastel i made it's heated material

f16am18.jpg

Soon i'll continue with the Nozzle of the Engine...

Cheers

Panos

• 3 months later...

So, new Progress...!

Τhe Strengnething plates on their places on the fuselage.

They are copys from the original Tamiya's Detail Up Parts set to aluminium foil from nescafe pack.

f16am23.jpg

Cockpit:

Added some wirings and the electrical motor of the canopy.

f16am22.jpg

Nose:

The nose fixed after lots of dryfits, puttying and again puttying!! The most difficult part of the construction.

f16am21.jpg

f16am20.jpg

Primer:

After i primered the lower surfaces with the Mr Hobby Mr Surfacer 1000 (Code B505)

f16am24.jpg

I unfortunately had some oversprays on the cockpit, but fortunately on the upper parts such as hud etc, and can be easily fixed!

Thanks for watching!

Edited by F-16rhs

Nice work on the Viper. I really like the MLU F-16.

The wire bundles you added look good, but the ones going up to the decking behind the canopy actuator are not present on an MLU. They are only on the later Blocks.

Jake

Edited by jmel