Iron maiden fans click here

Hi guys

Im in with the Iron maiden Boeing 757 from minicraft and decals from pointer dog

This is my first airline build and it going to be a quicky.

The project is for my GF she love the band (I dont) and the plane graphics

This is what it shoud look like

sbitjet.jpg

Progress pics comming soon

Cheers

Neo

Hi guys

Im in with the Iron maiden Boeing 757 from minicraft and decals from pointer dog

This is my first airline build and it going to be a quicky.

The project is for my GF she love the band (I dont) and the plane graphics

This is what it shoud look like

sbitjet.jpg

Progress pics comming soon

Cheers

Neo

Maiden just played here in Pennsylvania, missed the show but my buddy went great show but they only did Four Classic Maiden tunes, Number of the Beast, Hallowed be thy Name, Running Free and Iron Maiden, they need to do stuff from Killers and more from the first Album PS I've seen them seven times Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Brave New World, long live Maiden and Eddie, Up thier Irons!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys

I filled and sanded the seams and sprayed a light coat of gloss white(Krylon rathel can) so i can see the fixes required

@Anthony

I got the decal from pointerdog pm me if you want is email address they are laser printed decals and they look pretty good

Cheers

Neo

@Anthony

I got the decal from pointerdog pm me if you want is email address they are laser printed decals and they look pretty good

These are different from the ones I pointed you to Neo?

Kev

Edited by Big Kev

@Big Kev

No these are not the same you showed me they did not have the product anymore. Theses are custom made

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Here is a quick update

the engine are going to need some work. I already did the seam now ill started to tackle the intake

p10203792.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo
Maiden just played here in Pennsylvania, missed the show but my buddy went great show but they only did Four Classic Maiden tunes, Number of the Beast, Hallowed be thy Name, Running Free and Iron Maiden, they need to do stuff from Killers and more from the first Album PS I've seen them seven times Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Brave New World, long live Maiden and Eddie, Up thier Irons!!!!!!!!!

Somewhat OT as the thread is about the model, but Maiden has just done several "nostalgia" tours the last few years, including one tour where they exclusively did stuff from the first four albums. Those of us who try and catch them everytime they are in the country was getting a bit fed up with the old stuff and I guess they were too. Looking forward to seeing them playing songs from their recent (very good) albums next week!

You can't please all of the people all of the time, their new stuff was due some attention!

Alright

Engines have been nice to me and when easily down to a smooth finish

humbrol aluminium and polished aluminium make the finish.

I have to go to my LHS to get the blue tomorow

p10203822.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Here is an update from the work i did over the week end

I dont know why but the model master blue i used for the engines is giving me a terrible finish ill wet sand it tomorrow when its fully dried

p1020393.jpg

p1020391.jpg

Cheers

Neo :rolleyes:

Alright time for an update

the engine are done and futured ready for weathering.

Since i painted this plane (whaite part) whit Krylon rattle can and i was really satisfied with the result I decided to try their ultra gloss clear coat.. not as satisfying .... it looks more satin to me and to finish is not that smooth(but i only applied 1 coat)

Its on for the decals tonight

p1020411w.jpg

Thanks for looking

Neo

I had a little accident last nith i picked up the model to install the stabs and it slip out of my hands ... i caugh it in mid air and it slipped again onto my hoby tool box.... front nose gear broke and lost a wheel.

Tokk me 1 min to find the nose gear and the missing wheel ..ouf the damage is limited

Now while fixing the front gear i notice one of the main rear gear is missing its actuator ahhhhhhhh. After looking for 20+ mins i looked at the sprues and realized i never installe that piece wet :thumbsup: see above pis of the landing gear

this is what we cal a code Id10T in my field of work (computer programmer)

So when the front gear will be fully cure i will finish the stabs and the 5 or 6 decals left

Cheers

Neo

Well decals are all done but this month ive been very clumsy

While dry fittting the engines last night I DROPPED IT AGAIN :) this time i got major damage.

the front section fell off and got major craking in the paint all the way to the front landing gear Man i can be a moron sometimes

p1020420.jpg

off to work then ill try to fix this tonight

Neo

Dont worry about that I HAVE to save it or my GF is going to chew my A** off since this bird is for her !!!

Shes already ****** that i dropped it twice !!

Will see what i can do tonight

Cheers

Neo

Well here a quick update

this is the best i could do to put the nose back on :crying2:

p1020421c.jpg

masking ,sanding and painting to came i hope i will come out ok :pray: .

cheers

Neo

Not much progrss on this one im still pssd off that i droped it

I did sand down the right side and the top to make it smooth and even. I have to try and remove the Edforceone decal with the brit flag so i can do repairs properlly

This week as been more about my computer than modeling (sold my laptop and ordered part to build a new desktop)

Thanks for you concerns and interes will be back soon with some pics

Neo