I received a letter from the Summerville Police yesterday with a money order included (same amount and method I used to pay for some kits from Lehr). The MO was made out by Lehr but came from the police dept. No real details about what transpired with Lehr.

Anyway, hope the rest of you are having similar outcome experiences.

Also, remember, if you still need to contact Sgt Williams, do it soon as I believe she said she is going on vacation for a while starting next week.

regards,

Gary F

I received a letter from the Summerville Police yesterday with a money order included (same amount and method I used to pay for some kits from Lehr). The MO was made out by Lehr but came from the police dept. No real details about what transpired with Lehr.

Anyway, hope the rest of you are having similar outcome experiences.

Also, remember, if you still need to contact Sgt Williams, do it soon as I believe she said she is going on vacation for a while starting next week.

regards,

Gary F

She's on vacation and won't be back until the end of Aug. The officer i spoke to was of no help to me, got a case # and that's about it. The last phone # for Lehr has been diconnected per this officer.

Somebody mentioned earlier that this F-14cat should be banned, and folks grumbled about it on another site, but I wonder if banning him is a bad idea.

If he's banned he'll just come back under a new screen name, and with essentially a clean slate.

In cases like this I prefer the "list of people not to deal with" sticky on the forum.

The Starship Modeler Forum does this, any time the person returns with a new username, the info is updated with their latest contact info.

Ken

My wife told me today that I got my money order along with a letter from the P.D. SO I 'm glad this has come to a close for me as well. I am out of town, but assume it's the same way, from lehr, but mailed from the police.

Guess I need to go on Paypal and drop my claim now.

David

Still absolutely ZERO satisfaction on my end. Guess that money is gone forever. I have also gotten zero follow up from the Summerville Police. :(

I can feel your pain and feel the same way about the Summerville PD. I will try to call SGT. Williams when she gets back and see what happens. No more e-mails from F-14 RAT, what a huge POS.

Paypal has come through for me. I received a full refund yesterday after the ten day wait period for Mr. Lehr to respond. I still hold Mr. Lehr accountable for what he did, and will follow up with the police in their investigation.

Kerry

• 1 month later...

All.

My odessy with Dean continues. Just when I thought that Dean was going to do the right thing after he contacted me after I sent him a bill through PayPal., or when I was contacted by SGT Williams and was told that "verified funds" would be mailed to me on Sept. 6th, I thought it was over. But no. Here we are almost two weeks after the promised mailing of the funds that I paid Dean, and thus far nothing.

If anyone has any updates as far as dealings with Dean or SGT Willaims with the Summerville PD, please let me know. PM or post here. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

I got the same email as Ken, and after 2 weeks I called Sgt. Williams and she said that Mr. Lehr did not meet his appointment. I again contacted Sgt. Willaims on Friday...I’m obtaining warrants for his arrest...I hope he fries, I also hope he gets jail time and his things get stolen AND he is passed around like a punk he is. I hope when he get out he never sits right and has nightmares for life.

Am I being harsh…no. I could see maybe 3 to 4 guys ripping of, but this dip head nailed over 40, yes that’s right 40 modelers from 6 to 7 modeling sites.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

All,

The "I will contact you after he is arrested" email repl is the same thing that I received from SGT Williams yesterday. I have talked to a good friend that I went to school with who just so happens to be District Attorney for the county that I live in. After my explaination of the situation, he believes that due to the amount of the case (more than $500), he can get charges of THEFT of PROPERTY in the Second Degree. In the state of Alabama, THEFT of PROPERTY in the Second Degree is a Class C Felony. So, Congratulations, Dean! I will have the paperwork in place so that when you are detained by South Carolina and arraigned, you will be receiving a FREE trip to Alabama, courtesy of Alabama authorties with a Felony Warrant.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

As for me..

He can burn in hell!!!.....lost 150$ to that jerk...

Tried to get a refund with paypal for my first deal....but the delay 45day was out by maybe by 3 days....explained everything to them...sended them the link to this forum to see what was happening with that jerk...and the best part is that they refunded me for the second deal!

So....who is the biggest thief....f14cat..or ..paypal! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
i don't understand. WHY would you rip people off? people send thier hard earn money to the person they trust. i've build 6 carriers hulls for people AND NEVER ASK FOR ANY PAYMENT! hopefully the guy that did this to you pays the price.

Because there are bad people out there who prey upon trusting souls like you.

• 2 weeks later...