Nats releases from Wolfpak

Gents:

Have 6 helo's on my Nats releases. They are: YCH-54A from Vietnam, OH-6A 4th ID Vietnam, AH-64A PA ARNG, AH-64D Army Reserve Fort Knox, UH-1N USMC, and a CH-46E.

Here's the link:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=213427

Mark

Mark

Your killing me bro, you need to super size 72-035. I say this as you can't built the CH-46E on the sheet. At least not as a 2008 bird. The stub wing tanks are to small for the modern E in 1/72, unless of course you have resin tanks coming out? Wouldn't mind building that scheme in 1/48.

I would also love those Harrier markings in 1/48.

Going to have to get 72-36, that Raider scheme is the bomb.

Mark

That's fantastic. :) Thanks for the USMC helicopters. I hope that you can include a picture or two of each subject so that we may correctly model the equipment fit and weathering.

A few years ago a decal manufacturer that is well known around here announced the imminent release of a CH-46 sheet. I therefore bought a pile of 1/72nd Fujimi kits because they tend to become unavailable for years at a time. Then the decal sheet (to my knowledge) was never printed!

I don't know why it is that your decal sheets consistently sell out whilst other decal manufacturers won't touch 1/72nd scale because they complain it doesn't sell (unless you want to build every individual F/A-18 that ever flew).

As for the need to modify some kits to accurately model some of your decal subjects, well...… I don't mind doing a bit of actual modelling in order to build a model but I can't produce grey decals! Also, there are one or two producers of resin accessories and conversions that come to mind which would probably welcome the opportunity to collaborate on some subjects so as to coincide the release of conversions with your decal sheets.

Thanks again for the helicopters. There are lots more I'd like to see and you seem to be on the right track :blink:

Regards

Drew

By the way, if anyone has missed out on a now out-of-print Wolfpak sheet, try Fantasy Print Shop direct.

Edited by Vflight

Tank,

Thank you very much for the response, and you are correct about the enlarged fuel tanks for the CH-46E; that issue is addressed in my "Notes To Modelers" section of the instructions. This is not the first time that I have covered a subject for which there is not an accurate kit; as a helicopter builder I'm sure you are quite aware of the lack of a truly accurate AH-64D in 1/72 scale. This issue is one of the reasons (along with my fondness for "old school" manufacturers like Modeldecal and the reasons Drew cited above) that I settled on the format of multiple aircraft types on one sheet. From my many years of modeling, and reading the various websites and magazines, I found that modifying the plastic was often the "easy" part, and it has become even more practical with the many excellent aftermarket resin and photoetch manufacturers on the market today. Where people seem to run into a roadblock is producing markings for the modified model, especially when it involved colors other than black: a situation exacerbated by the lack of support now for the ALPS printer. By covering multiple types on one sheet, I hope that the mainstream subjects will allow me to cover aircraft where there is currently no accurate kit or conversion (CH-46E, C-141B SOL II, B-24J RCM), ones which need an available conversion kit (F/A-18D ATARS, EC-135, E-8A), or just an "off the beaten path" plane (C-123, C-7, C-141). Hopefully the extensive instructions I provide with the sheets point the modeler in the proper direction by pointing out the required modifications and any aftermarket kits that may provide them. Again, thanks to you and all modelers for your enthusiastic feedback and support.

Regards,

Mark

Tank,

Thank you very much for the response, and you are correct about the enlarged fuel tanks for the CH-46E; that issue is addressed in my "Notes To Modelers" section of the instructions. This is not the first time that I have covered a subject for which there is not an accurate kit; as a helicopter builder I'm sure you are quite aware of the lack of a truly accurate AH-64D in 1/72 scale. This issue is one of the reasons (along with my fondness for "old school" manufacturers like Modeldecal and the reasons Drew cited above) that I settled on the format of multiple aircraft types on one sheet. From my many years of modeling, and reading the various websites and magazines, I found that modifying the plastic was often the "easy" part, and it has become even more practical with the many excellent aftermarket resin and photoetch manufacturers on the market today. Where people seem to run into a roadblock is producing markings for the modified model, especially when it involved colors other than black: a situation exacerbated by the lack of support now for the ALPS printer. By covering multiple types on one sheet, I hope that the mainstream subjects will allow me to cover aircraft where there is currently no accurate kit or conversion (CH-46E, C-141B SOL II, B-24J RCM), ones which need an available conversion kit (F/A-18D ATARS, EC-135, E-8A), or just an "off the beaten path" plane (C-123, C-7, C-141). Hopefully the extensive instructions I provide with the sheets point the modeler in the proper direction by pointing out the required modifications and any aftermarket kits that may provide them. Again, thanks to you and all modelers for your enthusiastic feedback and support.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

I get what your saying and apparently so do your customers. I also understand that except for a handful of folks nobody is going to notice the tanks size unless someone points it out, heck most will think it's a CH-47. I guess I was hoping that maybe it meant that Spectre resins was releasing a mod for the CH-46 or maybe KC-130 parts. I still think the AV-8A scheme should be scaled up as the old monogram kit could use the help, other than the old Superscale sheets, there is nothing that I know of (that doesn't exclude me being completely wrong on that point).

Thanks for products and look forward to picking up both sheets.

Mark,

I get what your saying and apparently so do your customers. I also understand that except for a handful of folks nobody is going to notice the tanks size unless someone points it out, heck most will think it's a CH-47. I guess I was hoping that maybe it meant that Spectre resins was releasing a mod for the CH-46 or maybe KC-130 parts. I still think the AV-8A scheme should be scaled up as the old monogram kit could use the help, other than the old Superscale sheets, there is nothing that I know of (that doesn't exclude me being completely wrong on that point).

Thanks for products and look forward to picking up both sheets.

Ryan I couldn't have said it better myself. I would certainly purchase a sheet if that "A" harrier was 48th scale. That Herc would be something in that big ol' 48th too. However I understand why that won't be up scaled.

Semper Fi

Dan