Great customer service from Revell U.S.A.

I'd like to comment on the terrific customer service I recently received from Revell. I recently purchased a second-hand B-29 Superfortress kit that was missing several crucial pieces. I went to the Revell website and found a section that allowed me to order the missing parts I needed at no charge. 10 days later the parts I ordered showed up in my mailbox. I don't get service like this very often, so I sent them an email to express my appreciation.

Wow, I was just getting ready to start a thread about Revell myself. Needed a set of decals for the P-61, used the same form on the internet, and two days later I had a set of decals in the mailbox, free of charge. TWO DAYS...THAT'S AWESOME!!! Kinda gave me a warm fuzzy to see a company that still tries to give the best service possible.

I have also experienced great customer service from Revell with replacement of parts. I bought a Pro-Modeller 69 Charger once and they recalled the model due to inaccuracies with the body. All I had to do is call them and they replaced the entire model.

It would be nice to see more companies stand behind their products the way Revell does.

Another Revell service story here. Years ago I was building a 1/48 F/A-18 and had painted the engine nozzles on the deck of my apartment, and came back out after letting them dry and they were gone, carried off by a bird or something.

I wrote Revell to ask how to order the replacement parts, fully willing and expecting to pay for them, and they arrived in the mail a few days later, no charge.

Thanks for posting this. Stories like this will definitely influence my future purchase decisions. Not only because it would be easier to recover from missing parts, but mostly because I like to reward companies that adhere to such a high customer service standard, by being a loyal customer.

ALF

On more than one occasion I've ordered parts from good ol' Revell and without question....a few days later the replacement part(s) were in the mail box. There a few others that have given me the same great service including some who are members of this or other forums. Thanks folks; you will get continued business from this haggled ol' warhorse.