Hughes 269 in 1:48 from Profiline

• 1 year later...

Stepan from Profiline changed his subjects and now concentrates on 1/16 Tank upgrade sets. IHMO I wouldn't expect this model ever to be released to soon. But a little hope is still there with other czech manufacturers...

Hi

Is there any progress being made on this kit?

//Johan

No, Profiline is gone. I don't recall who if anyone picked up the MD-500 molds that were made. Who knows what state this was before they folded.

Hi together,

Here some shots from my MD-520N ProfiLine in 1:72. I finished just a day ago.

It's the Bird we use for TV productions and Powerline inspections, in the company I work for.

The decals are home made, and I did some modifications on the Notar Intake, Jet truster, Flightcontrols and all the camera stuff.

Regards from Switzerland

Spiff

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Here the Link from the Build, but it's in german: http://www.modellbaufreunde.ch/index.php?topic=3411.0

Very nice Spiff, that was the only one I didn't get. :unsure:

I wish Profiline helo products continued to release the all the versions in 1/48 scale.

Same here! I encountered too many fit problems to finish my Profiline 1:72 500's. What made it even more frustrating was the fact that the overall dimensions on the kits looked alright. Therefore, a release of these kits in 1:48 would have been perfect...

Gertjan

BTW: Awesome job on your 520N there Spiff!!! :worship:

Edited by GeejeeZ
  • 5 years later...

Maybe, I think it depends on how SH got the molds. Did they buy the existing molds from Stepan or did they get them from someone else?  Unfortunately I doubt we will ever know unless Stepan comes back or SH tells us but I don't realistically see either happening, would like to be proven wrong.

Since we haven't seen any molds for the 269, outside of Stepan who knows what state that project was in when the doors closed. 

Hopefully one will show up sooner then later.